What should I say?

by santacruzchick 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lassie
    Lassie

If you don't want to lie then how about just not answering the door when she knocks? If mom is inactive then maybe you can just tell mom that you really don't feel like studying with sister so-and-so because all she does is talk and you really aren't getting all that much out of her "time". Take mom shopping or to a movie that day. Hide under the bed. Get in the shower when she approaches the house. Answer the door in your underwear. Or if you just can't do any of the previous suggestions with a clear conscience then invite her in and (are you over 21?) open a beer and sit down to study (that is if you drink beer). Okay, so maybe that is extreme, but don't lie. Either be straight with your mom about how you feel or be straight with this sister. After all (and everything that I have read on this site) do you think she is all that jazzed about studying with you? (not that you are not a nice person and all, but a lot of what I read here is maybe this is just "service time" for her as well, then again maybe not). Don't sweat it. If all else fails and you cannot do any of the above or of the others suggestions...how about not coming home till Saturday?

Above all else try not to lie. Avoiding is okay, but don't lie.

For what it's worth. (not much probably)

• Brummie
    Brummie

After thinking about this... why not say nothing and just sing her a song instead? That'll stop her.

Brummie

• Robdar
    Robdar
    After thinking about this... why not say nothing and just sing her a song instead? That'll stop her.

Brummie has a good idea. May I also suggest that while singing the song you also do a little dance? Get right in her personal space when you do it. Most people can't handle this sort of thing. I cant. Which is why I avoid dinner theatres.

Good luck.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 2 December 2002 6:17:33

• AGuest
    AGuest

My gosh, do JWs evoke THAT much fear in folks? What in the world is "wrong" with simply telling the truth? I mean, what can she DO to you? Not talk to you anymore? So? Spread rumors/lies? What, you think she won't do so if you lie to her?

C'mon... every ex-JW here knows that that is the exact way the lies and rumors get started in the Borg in the first place: they don't KNOW what's going on "with so-and-so", so they make stuff up... because the Borg has already TOLD them what happens when ones leave, right? And, of course, the "Faithful Slave" would NEVER lie to them! So... once you stop studying, it's only a matter of time as to what they'll unequivocally have you doing! I ask you: why give them that?

I mean, if someone's gonna lie (and, of course, "someone" is: "she's 'worldly' now, so you know she's gonna be sleeping with all the boys at college...'cause ALL the worldly girls sleep with all of the boys at college...")... then for heaven's sake... don't let it be you! That way, when you run into someone later who tells you, "I heard you'd gone on and done/started/made/practiced/joined/slept with... yada, yada, yada... (and you will run into such one(s))... you can look thems right in the eye and set the matter straight. If nothing else, YOU retain your dignity.

But... what am I saying: the prophet did say that God's people were "loving" how they were treated by the false prophets...

Peace... truly.

A slave of Christ,

SJ, who's sick (bronchitis) and tired (from the bronchitis), and so probably shouldn't have posted, but I promise ya'll, those folks little bit of "power" is purely what we give them... just as it is with the Adversary. Without it... they... and he... are impotent. Truly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit