Circuit assembly today.

by apocalypse 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

We just got back from our circuit assembly. In the final discussion, the district overseer went on about 'not having anything to do with organizations or any part or branches of organizations that would have objectives contrary to Kingdom interests. It was quite obvious to those in the know, that he was talking about the United Nations scandal.

This was incredible hypocrisy in light of the earlier words he had spoken. He had discussed politicians and organizations that are caught in scandals and deny it over and over again, all the while having been deeply invest in exactly what they are being accused of . He mentioned ENRON and WORLDCMOM and gave stats on how much people tell lies. This, just after a sister gave her experience in which she boldly admitted to lying to her folks about where she would go (to the park) when she really went to the Kingdum Hall. She lied, and they applauded.

It was so incredibly hypocritical, ghastly in fact. I am sure that the poor schmuk giving the talk had no clue about that which he is discussing. There was probably only handful in the auditorium wise to what was going on.

Earlier an elder gave a talk using Micah 7 vs 7. He talked about and "waiting on Jehovah" , and as we all know this verse is used against those who would report child molestation. The idea is to convince you to do nothing, to keep things silent. Yet this verse is used in the opposite way when they want you to do something. The tell you can pray for something but that you must take action to make it happen. They use the example of King David and how you must have some "action on your part for God to bless". They speak with a fork tonge.

It made me sick.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

It made me sick.

Join the club. Do a little more research into the glaring contradictions and the hypocrisy that knows no boundaries within the framework of the doctrines and practices of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society / the organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

visit:

www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com

and educate yourself.

Hopefully (unless you are going to meetings for the sake of maintaining family ties to those still within the clutches of the cult) you will find yourself not attending their meetings at all.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I guess I need to clarify.

I have been reading here since the beginning. I used to follow H2O.

I know all about it. Stuck in with my wife. Maybe one day we can break free.

Till then, I drone along.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I see.

Thank you for clarifying your position.

Wasting countless hours within the confines of the JW meetings and conditional association must be truly nauseating for you.

For whatever reason you remain inside, I hope you can find peace and a way out soon.

Again, thank you for posting this... yet another example of the blatant hypocrisy and contradictions found within the beliefs of JW's.

• jimbob
    jimbob

It must be hard to "drone" along. My wife droned along with me for years before she finally told me how she felt, and of course by then, I was ready to leave. So I feel quite fortunate to have a wife that feels the same way I do...I just wish she would have told me sooner. But she thought I would be mad at her. Ha! The only thing I'm pissed about is all the wasted years. But we're still young, thank god! Hopefully you and your wife don't have to continue to drone along for very long. I can't tell you how good we've felt since we left. Other people have commented to us how good and relaxed we both look now. Hopefully you won't have to stay in for much longer. But it's always interesting to hear of all the crap they still talk about at assemblies...and I guess we wouldn't know if it wasn't for droners (is that a word?) like yourself. I wish the best for you.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Awwww! I'm so sorry you had to sit through that drivel. My parents talked me into going to a convention several years after I had left. I think that was the final straw for me. Listening to the hypocrisy made me physically ill. All the happy little stepford wives and stepford children. BLECH!!! I hope the rest of your day goes better apocalypse

~Aztec

• Mulan
    Mulan

Jimbob,
    Add another 25 years and you have Dave and me!! You are both still SO young. It took me a long time to get over the anger at all the wasted years.

At least your children, when you have them, will have a life. Ours had to wait a LONG time to have one.

Makena and Sabine were with us for Thanksgiving. They are doing really well.

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Marilyn...I know for some who've devoted many years it can feel like you've wasted so much. I'm only in my 30's and I feel like I've wasted a lot of years, so I can imagine how you feel. But I feel what's most important is the years we have left and how we use them. I'm sure you agree! Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. At least you have family that can appreciate and celebrate Thanksgiving together. Perhaps at some point we could meet Sabine and Makena. I still would like to contact Reinhard. Perhaps if he will be around during the holidays this month I could get in touch with him. Good to hear from you and take care. Tell Dave hi!

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

We are stuck in because of family. My folks have been in since Methuselah. They got off the ark with Noah and built the first Kingdum Hall with the wood. Flat roof of course.

My wife's family are old 'timers too. It would wreck them. They have all their freinds. It would be death dealing at this age to have the blinders come off. Like coming into the light after living in a cave.... ouch!

To put them in the position of having to choose us or the BORG with all their friends.... my God.

We just hope that the Borganization implodes.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Man, to drone along, though. I can't imagine it. What kind of a life is that for you? With no insults intended, you are making yourself a hypocrite by acting like you still believe the BS. How can you choose hypocracy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit