The Night the Elders called me.

by NaruNaruChan 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Hey all,

Left the org approx. one month ago, so I'm freshly out and still working my way through the depression of losing my three best friends... but anyway, not important, what I was wondering was if any of you got this line from the elders the night you went to meet with them... so here's my story, take it or leave it.

I'm a homosexual, I've known since I was young, not raised in "the Truth" but converted when I was seventeen, four years ago... Anyway, I suppressed it, etc, until I decided that I wanted to leave the org. partially because I was tired of lying to myself and a body of people, and partly for doctrinal issues that I disagreed with... (i.e. shunning... ) So I went ahead and wrote the elders a letter, told my four best friends that I was going to be DFed because I committed fornication and was unrepentant, and a few days later I got a call from the Elders... "let's meet and talk about this" i get in a really friendly "nothing's wrong" voice. I'm like "Sure, maybe you guys can help me work through the issues, maybe I'm wrong, at the very least I owe the org. one last chance." So I show up at the hall... against the wishes of all the "worldly" friends I have who were saying "Dear God, Don't go because you're gonna get it and you don't even see it." Me, I'm like "Eh, the elders are great guys, they wont do anything mean to me, It's all gravy don't trip." etc.

Anyway, I get there, and they immediately start by tactfully calling me names... "Unrighteous" "doomed" "abomination" everything short of FAGGOT, basically. Then I got asked a line of really personal questions, i.e. about the Sin I committed, etc. too graphic, which I dodged and said "what does it matter, fornication is fornication." then I get this line of crap about how I am disowning the Faith for what I did (thank god for that) but this is the kicker.. one Elder said that I could no longer pray to Jehovah because he would not listen to me." Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Tell me... Not only do I get shunned, but I can't pray or talk to any other JWs minus the elders... so what the f--k? I assume that means that the only encouragement I get since Jehovah isn't even on my side is from the World, and oh no (sarcastic) we all know where that leads! (Family life improves, friends come back in flocks saying how much they missed you, etc.) At that point, anyway, I decided that the org. was totally full of s--t and that i had made a major mistake on going down there. They dismissed me after two hours of being yelled and preached at. (mind you, I was in great standing in the cong when this happened... never ever reproved, in the Theo School, Aux. Pioneer, etc... Never a bad moment... just decided they were wrong. Fact is, a year ago an old old friend of mine from HS was DFed for being unstable... she's BIPOLAR! How the heck is that supposed to help her??? Being shunned only made her suicidal. I want to know what you all think. It's funny, because I wasn't ever going to be an "apostate" but they sort of... sort of PUSH you in that direction, don't they? I hate it because everytday everytime I go somewhere I run into an old witness... and it's like "damnit, go away, I eat here too so you can leave." Funny how they accept you with open arms until you decide that you disagreee with something.

Also, did anybody else notice that at least if you were there int he last six months how PREACHY stuff was getting. That's what ultimately did me in. Or how about this phrase from the sisters "The society recommends/emphasizes..." insert phrasiology here. When is it Bible based and when is it the Society? Well, my conclusion, currently, is the WTBS makes a few good points here and there, and although they don't worship a single man, they worship an organization... they DEIFY the damned organization, and that's what makes it a cult. The shunning, as well. So, questions comments?? appreciate some input, as I am one pissed off ExJW.

*^_^*

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I guess the bad news is that you've taken a beating for an ill-informed but sincere choice you made at 17 yrs of age.

The good news is that, all in all, it sounds like your surreal JW experience did not last as long or feel as bad as most, judging from the comments you made. I'm glad you kept some thinking ability and character intact. Welcome to this forum, btw.

About your elders meeting? Sounds par for the course to me. If you are female, it's funny (in a sad way) to think of them getting specific about your sexual encounters. If you are male, it's hilarious (in a slightly sad way) to think of them getting specific about your sexual encounters. Those worthless fucks think a clear thinking individual can't see what drives them to learn the specifics of other peoples sexual encounters? Hell, you probably wouldn't need to read their minds, just their pants.

As for the name calling, well, that is what the book they worship tells them. They are helpless drones when the good book "comes alive and exerts power" over them, *gag*.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome!

It is sad that the average JW does not see the true nature of the organization until they are invited into one of those "friendly" meetings.

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Hi NaruNaruChan, Welcome to the board

I'm kinda surprised that the elders treated you that way, and would actually have the audacity to tell you that Jehovah wouldn't listen to your prayers because when I met my Judicial Commitee they actually encouraged me to keep praying, I recall one brother actually said "keep that channel of communication open." I was in very good standing when I turned myself in for fornication, having to endure the humiliation of the personal questions they ask etc....but though I felt like I didn't have the right to pray, they encouarged me to do so. I actually didn't pray for a whole year after I was D'fd.

Gee, kinda perplexes me that they actually think that putting you down would be helping you? Yikes, how is that suppose to be loving counsel? It shocks me that men who are suppose to be so spiritually mature that they are "choosen" to lovingly care for Jehovah's flock can behave in such a way.....and that sort of treated unfortunately seems to be all too prevelent from the testimonies I've read online.....I guess I was fortunate to have more mature brothers presiding over my case.

I think that the spiritual immaturity that fills many KHs is mostly a result of the friends dependance on the Society and not Jehovah himself, to the rank and file there is no destinction between dependance on Jehovah and dependance on the Organization, so many folks never "grow up" spiritually. Those Elders who met with you I'm sure could not picture Jesus treating you that way had he been there in the flesh, so it blows my mind that they claim to have Jehovah's authority to treat you that way.

You mentioned that you're "still working" through the depression from losing your best friends....it's been three years since I was D'fd and still have boughts of major depression over losing my friends. It's devastating and one cannot expect to heal over it in a short period of time. I miss my friends SO BAD, but there's nothing I can do to get them back unless I get reinstated. (Don't think that's gonna happen.) Give yourself LOTS of time to heal......I often remind myself to take things one day at a time and not to worry about more than that.

I was 18 when I first met JWs and I was searching to fill my spiritual needs, and I gave up the few friends I had to become assimulated into the WTB&TS collective.....but since being kicked out of the Borg, it's a real stuggle to make friends....one of the many reasons the internet helps to ease the loneliness, even to just lurk and know that none of us are alone.

• Beans
  • RandomTask
    RandomTask

The reaction is not surprising to me. The Elders will act one of two ways based on what your attitude is. If you come groveling back to them on hands and knees and tell them how worthless and sorry you are for ever having contrary thoughts then they will try to encourage you to continue to be under their control. Basically you told them they were wrong, that you fornicated and that you intended to keep on living your life that way and it was that that will make them berate you and try to make you feel bad. Its all a control game. They tell you what they think will keep you under control. Its not in the spirit of what will help you, but what will help them.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Thanks for the welcome, and yeah at least I wasn't in it for too long. I can't imagine the pain those of you who were in the Org. for over 5 years feel... or 10, shit, that must be awful. It was hard for me, though, because I lost my best friend... she was the one who introduced me to the religion, and I didn't realize how much that would hurt until I ran into her in public and she shunned me... I felt so angry! I'm taking it a day at a time, thank goodness I had a network of good nonwitness friends who took me back oh so easily. They were thrilled to see I was still alive under the mask that I cast over myself when I became a JW.

As regards the sex questions, I was like "Ew, perverts!" But the funny thing is, I didn't leave for sex, although I did commit fornication... I left because I was in love, and they treated me like I was in Lust, and like I was an apostate... which hurt. Man, it was total crap.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That initial friendliness is a ruse they use to get your guard down and lure you into that little room in the king hall. Then they keep up the pretense long enough so you will give them all the damning info that they want. Then the power intimidation tactics come in. Like if a spider was able to use lights or something to lure flies into it's web. They are taught all this stuff. Got to keep the congregation clean, you know

It's good that you weren't in that long. It will make recovery easier for you. Whatever god is, it doesn't care that you are straight or gay. Even nature has homosexuality in it. It also has masturbation, prostitution, infedelty... you name it, it's there, among the animals.

SS

• sf
    sf

"...have the audacity to tell you that Jehovah wouldn't listen to your prayers?"

Oh yes, it's very true. It is exactly what was STATED to me at my hearing 25 years ago.

"only Satan will come to your calls now; jehovah can no longer HEAR you. You have cut yourself off."

Who in the NEW WORLD ORDER do they think they are??

It tore me up inside when they uttered it. It was as if I was being RAPED spiritually. I WAS SPIRITUAL RAPED (let's just call 'it' what 'it' is) that day, severly. Worse than the day they 'penetrated' my mom. I felt numb and weak afterwards and wanted to just run from that room. I was so alone then. My mom went along with the entire 'rape process'. So, she is to be held accountable too, as far as I am concerned. She will be too.

Ask previous elders here; they will admit they have said this to members. It was a topic a while back. Perhaps I can pull it (thread) for you to view, if you like.

Welcome Aboard, sKally

• Brumm
    Brumm

Welcome NaruNaruChan

Sorry they cant stand you anymore...thats cults fer ya.

Glad your out

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit