I"m Getting too old for this!

by els 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Els, soak in a nice hot tub for a bit and maybe even have a glass of wine while soaking. Even us guys that are also getting old have to give ourselves a break.

Like Craig, I too can remember long shifts, sometimes a 24 hour in the Army and still had much energy to spare. What they say is true, "Youth is wasted on the young."

Lew W

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

thats what they make icy cold beer for. for long hard days like that.so crack open an ice cold bud light sister,the beer that never fills you up and never lets u down.(sorry gratutis pushing of my products,bad will,bad will)

• els
    els

Thank you all so much. You really lifted my spirits. Someday, when I actually put it in writing, I'll post my Top Ten List of waitresses pet peeves.

Brummie, if you liked that one, here's another: "Lake George - a drinking town with a tourist problem" This is on a T shirt they wear at Christie's, a bar in Lake George, which is just crazy with tourists in the summer. els

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

els...I feel your pain! I was a waitress in my 20's and it is hard work! People that have never done it just have no idea! Not only is it physically demanding but mentally also....its like a juggleing act. When you start your list of pet peeves im sure i can add a few.

• ugg
    ugg

i understand this...there is no more difficult job than serving people...hang in there...try to pamper

yourself every chance you get...you deserve it....

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Beans, I'm surprised you didn't make some comment to Ruby about her "juggling" act.

Did I just say that??

• els
    els

Ruby, Let me know about your pet peeves. I really should get out of this line of work and find something else but I don't have much schooling and don't know what I would like to do. And everytime I think of leaving this I think about how much money I make. It's hard to walk away from. Maybe when my daughter is done with college (she's in her last year) and when my son figures out what he's going to do. You are right about the juggling act, you have to keep so many things going in your head at once. els

• COMF
    COMF

It Ain't so Bad Bein' Old

Edited by - COMF on 2 December 2002 0:44:43

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL @ COMF

"One thing bout gettin old...ya can say what's on yur mind and it not so likely somebod gonna punch ya in da teeth"

Craig

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

els --- having been a long-haul trucker for years, it seems almost like I've eaten in every restaurant in the country. Two things that stick out in my mind that I really laughed about were:

A waitress was carrying an armload of dishes and tripped. There was this horrendous CRASH, then in the ensuing dead silence a driver sang out, "Hit 'em again, darlin', he's still wiggling!!!"

Then there was this riddle told to me by a waitress:

What's the difference between a waitress and a toilet seat?

Answer: The toilet seat only has to serve one ass at a time.

Hang in there kid.

LoneWolf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit