Could this be the future for the Watchtower?

by C0ntr013r 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    For a religion that has had a more wild past and a weirder theology, I have to take my hat off to the Mormon church. They would be at least 10-15 years ahead of the JWS in the area of openness and transparency. Quite often I'll use articles like the above , to get my point across to a JW. GOOD FOR YOU MORMON CHURCH KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! The Mormons are going to search out inactive ones! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Are they going to imitate the dubs and threaten them with death??

What a great story!! Come on "Satan", Do your thang!!!

DD

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

I have studied those numbers before, there might be around 3M inactive/df'd, but their numbers overall are still increasing(probably because of all the born ins):

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Yes its not the future but the present,on the trolleys its cutbacks all over the place.in the monthly broadcast in the song it shows the jws using single page tracts rather than the watchtower and out on the trolleys they are pushing the web. Even though they know that non JWs might read read the truth and that commited JWs might read the truth if that means they can save money on not printing as many magazines and send people from the printing presses at bethel home then it will be worth it.The GB think on multinational scale so if 10,000 JWs from the uk and the us leave the org big deal.And that would make it even easier to sell kingdom halls off
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What the numbers don't tell is all the born ins that never got baptised. What's also not mentioned is all the halls that are being closed. Jw numbers are truly down in fact the numbers they publish are probably not real. The social aspect of both the Mormon's and the jws are the only thing keeping these religions together
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    What the numbers don't tell is all the born ins that never got baptised. What's also not mentioned is all the halls that are being closed. Jw numbers are truly down in fact the numbers they publish are probably not real. The social aspect of both the Mormon's and the jws are the only thing keeping these religions together

I have entertained that idea myself. I just don't see any reasonable way they would get away with it. If the numbers in the year book are false, all elders in the different branches responsible for the numbers would know that the society lies about it. Do you have any way to explain how JWs could lie about it without it being discovered?

I can certainly appreciate the number of never baptized born ins. But I think, if the numbers are correct, JWs are still growing, just not as fast.

• steve2
    steve2
    From reports on this forum on baptisms at this year's Regional Convdntions (formerly called District Conventions), the numbers baptized seemed very small compared to previous years so it will be interesting to see the 2016 Yearbook of JWs.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I know the numbers from a single congregation can't be considered representative for the religion as a whole, but where I'm from, the congo used to have 60-70 members when I was a kid and now it barely has 25-30. I've heard the elders say that they apostates have attacked us hard, LOL.

Most members of the congo today are old. Less than ten are younger than middle age. Also, there are about 5 pioneers sent here by the borg, so the real numbers of the congo would be even smaller. The only baptized in the past decade or so have been a young family (they poor and wife's mother was JW) and a 14 year old girl who's parents managed to successfully ruin her childhood.

That's all, and it's laughably pathetic for an area with 20,000+ people, constant pioneer presence and many "studies". I've grown up with these JW's and from a large number of kids who became adults, there are maybe 3 left that still attend. I remember when there were so many attending that there weren't enough seats in the hall and now there are about 15 people at WT study. Couple that with ultra aggressive elders and members so old that there's one dying every month and you get a congo about to go extinct.

In a county with about 300,000 people there are now so few JW's that in a 50 km radius you can't find more than 30. I sincerely and deeply hope that they're having the same loses everywhere.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "The WT's rulebook will become the WT's suggestion book."

"Mainstreaming"?

But that would make them "just another denomination" (i.e. not God's exclusive Earthly Organization)...

...and then, what would be the incentive to stay?

• kairos
    kairos

This is never going to lose steam.

It's all down hill from here.
    Where each religious member jumps off is the variable.
    Why wait until the inevitable?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit