Could this be the future for the Watchtower?

by C0ntr013r 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Been researching the Mormons a little since they are quite similar to the JWs. They have a similar webpage and many videos to "help" the Mormons in their faith. I found this video done by abc4 news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjBwt4R9BRQ

Could this be the future for the Watchtower?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yes, between the internet , nothing happening from god so to speak, General knowledge and understanding about subjects like evolution,etc., this is happening to all religion's.
  • steve2
    steve2
    As the current Mormon members spoke during the news video, I could "hear" the exact same words being said by JWs.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Hopefully "the great apostasy" has set in for all these high control groups.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

You're right on there steve2... < insert cult name here >. It applies to any religion. I think the internet is allowing damning information to reach a far wider audience.

Religions had better innovate or die. People are drawn to a group because they are looking for something magical or special. Those born in really didn't make a choice. Either way, when things don't jive, people leave.

I am not sure about the Mormons, but I assume there are abuses going on within that group as well.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

I thought this sounded interesting:

"Update it's manuals on sensitive church doctrines"

Nothing is off limits when the situation is getting desperate.

Could see the same thing happening if a similar situation arises in the ORG.

"Brothers, we have noticed a lot of you are leaving(and we like your money)... Therefor new light has been reveled to us"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Could this be the future for the Watchtower?"

Actually, it's the present for the JWs.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Actually, it's the present for the JWs.

The increase is smaller, but they are not losing members are they? 8,2M was the last figure I heard.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Desperate times desperate measures and all that.

The WT's rulebook will become the WT's suggestion book.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The increase is smaller, but they are not losing members are they? 8,2M was the last figure I heard

I don't have the figures handy but I've heard that there are almost as many inactive/df'd members as there are active ones. Articles have been written on them having the greatest turnover than any religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit