Looking for a scripture for CO/Elders visit...

by meat pie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gopher
    Gopher

*** Rbi8 Romans 3:21-24 ***

21 do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? You, the one preaching "Do not steal", do you steal? 22 You, the one saying "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You, the one expressing abhorrence of the idols, do you rob temples? 23 You, who take pride in law, do you by your transgressing of the Law dishonor God? 24 For "the name of God is being blasphemed on account of YOU people among the nations"; just as it is written.

• archangel01
    archangel01

Try using Romans 10:2,3,11

2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God;but not according to accurate knowledge;3 for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

11 For the scripture says:"None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed."

Might not get a good answer from man. They are in the same boat as we are when it comes to sin. The Bible is the answer not man.I hope this helps you archangel01

• rebel
    rebel

Meat pie,

You are highly honoured. I have missed tons of meetings, don't go on field service anymore, but have been told (by an elder's wife) that the CO won't be calling on me when he visits next month due to my attitude!!

I feel so left out!!

xxR

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE, DID SOME-ONE SAY ATTITUDE - !

How I hate that word, it seems to be the only word in their dictionary (elders dictionary)

30+ years of being accused of having an ATTITUDE !

KT

• meat pie
    meat pie

Thankyou all very much for your replies, lots for me to dig through.

I was not expecting to change their minds, but I'd love to make them twinge even just a little bit!

I've already used the' whitewashed tombstones' when speaking to a MS and still not DF'd!

It is very frustrating isn't it ,wanting to make your point and doubting it will do any good, however, if I can have a go. I will.

Thanks again, much appreiated help.

Meaty.

• Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

Hi to Meat Pie,

When I had my last encounter with a sheparding visit I found that keeping them on the defensive was the best. However the subject you use is very important and your self control is a must for staying on tract. If you are asked about your loyalty to the org ( I brought it up myself by asking "what is the truth, and how can the truth keep changing considering god and his word the bible does not lie. Does not this prove somebody is just guessing at what it is saying. Truth is only in past events or true understanding of present events but noboby can claim they have absolute truth of a future event unless they have direct communication with God or can interpret the bible with holy spirit which is still direct commune with God. I then incorporated 1975 predictions by reading directly out of my old copy of "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God" book p.26-35 which at the end of the chart1975 is end of 6-thosand years of man's existance. Of couse you have to also remind them at that time they pushed their 7th creative day chronology to the hilt also in the afore mentioned book)." At this point I also pointed out the change in the "this generation" of 70 or 80 years understanding to a generation of wicked people that has no end time frame. " All this, I said, shows how dim the connecting to god we really have, doesnt it. Given this info then what kind of loyalty should be shown." They insisted that I come back to the kingdom hall anyway, I told them that I will be keeping an eye on the Teachings and when I see they have the whole truth then I might go again. They insisted again, I futher said you don't want me there because I would talk to much! They want to know about what, I said about anything I want to! They finally gave up and left wishing me well, I let them pray and everthing. We parted friends. To this day we still speak to each other and am in business in a small way with another elder. I also can talk to JW family altough some are reserved waiting for me to utter apostate stuff, but they may ask some day.

Noticed that I used their books and no apostate info. I came to the heart of the matter in away that cannot be refuted."The truth" one of thier own secret words was demolished. Maybe I am in a special situation were this worked for me, it may not work for you. Some want to go out in a big flame of glory,I figure that being somewhat in I can still cause havoc. Nothing worse and fear inspiring than an apostate within, wahahah.

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Besides the scriptures, when you are visited by elders or by a CO + elders, a very good counsel : take a piece of paper or better a notebook and say : "Brothers, I will take note of our conversation". Believe me, they will be completely perturbed :-)

Jacques

• Sarahsmiles
    Sarahsmiles

After you write their reply down on a paper smile, and ask if they mind if you quote them. The only thing they will do if you try to show them some information you learned or if you have a question or doubts about doctrines is mark you as bad association spoils useful habits. Worse yet mark you as an apostasy. I think that is not very nice to do to anyone, so much for Love.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    Besides the scriptures, when you are visited by elders or by a CO + elders, a very good counsel : take a piece of paper or better a notebook and say : "Brothers, I will take note of our conversation". Believe me, they will be completely perturbed :-)

Or, better yet, bring a Tape Recorder and RECORD THEM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit