Looking for a scripture for CO/Elders visit...

by meat pie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• meat pie
    meat pie

Can anyone help me please, I think I remember a scripture something like; 'If a man tells you to do something and doesn't do it himself, don't listen to him'

I cannot find it, I thought it was in Proverbs(NWT) but maybe I imagined it.

Anyway, it is possible that the CO might visit me late December, I have made a few informal requests, and I'd like to be massively prepared.I have a whole array of UN documents/info ready.

If you can help with the above scripture I'd be thrilled.

Ta, Meaty.

• blondie
    blondie

Here are some ideas:

*** Rbi8 Matthew 23:1-3 ***

23 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2 "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU , do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform.

*** Rbi8 James 1:22-25 ***

22 However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word, and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and off he goes and immediately forgets what sort of man he is. 25 But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it].

*** Rbi8 John 13:17 ***

17 If YOU know these things, happy YOU are if YOU do them.

*** Rbi8 Luke 6:46 ***

Why, then, do YOU call me Lord! Lord! but do not do the things I say?

Blondie

• JT
    JT
    and I'd like to be massively prepared.I have a whole array of UN documents/info ready

if the CO is a good society man he will BLOW YOU OFF - You see he coming to see for one reason only, you are spiritually sick so, he is prepared for you to demostrate that you are spiritually sick in his mind, and by marching out a TON OF APOSTATE AND NEGATIVE things about the org, if he is trained like most Society Men, he will just acknowldge your issues and take over the conversation, he will demostrate to the elder first hand how you handle a spiritually weak and inactive publisher who has doubts about the org-

i wish you well in your efforts but in my exp most elders esp Society Men printing out tons of proof, documentation, quotes mean nothing to them simply because they look up you as the one needed help

the wt has trained and indoctrinated it's members in a way that when someone approaches them in the manner you are THEY HAVE BEEN PREPARED FOR 30YRS

almost every single jw is prepared for the day when a baptized jw bro opens their mouth and speaks negatively about the org THEY SHUT DOWN

that is why we see so many post of folks here who when they start telling family and long time friends what they have found they get such little results-

my only advice is if your goal is to get something off your chest that you will be able to do, but if you plan on teaching them something, then keep in mind the way jw are trained

rarely in my exp does a first time blast out of the water attack work,

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hello Meat Pie,

My wife and I went through this process seven weeks ago, where we had documented evidence about the UN Involvement, paedophilia, failed prophecies, alleged shares in warfare etc. But we started off the meeting by saying "we have serious doubts about the organisation ..", then after that we went into the heavy stuff. We were covering ourselves with the scripture in Jude v.22 "continue showing mercy to some that have doubts..."

Nothing has come of this four hour meeting, even though the two elders were given a personal set of all of our documents. Not even a phone call !

After hearing their excuses on all of these fronts, we quoted James 4:17.."Therefore if one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him."

Also Lev. 5:1 "...now in case a soul sins in that he has heard public cursing and he is a witness or he has seen it or has come to know of it, if he does not REPORT it, then he must answer for his error" again we were answering from the scriptures in relation to UN etc.

KT

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

JT

We have just read your biography, and found it to be extremely interesting, We can see that with your background knowledge and your love for Jehovah, you are a very valuable asset here on this site.

Meat Pie

We hope that your meeting goes well, although we really doubt, that anything constructive will come out of it, but at least you will be able to hold your head up high. Keep us informed.

Twink (Mrs KT)

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Meat Pie,

This is a very helpful site for checking up on scriptures, it uses the King James version.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

Hope it is of some use.

Twink

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Meaty,

Perhaps the scripture you're looking for is one of my all-time favorites. Hebrews 13:7

- Syrup

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Hi Meaty, I didn't kill this for ya did I?? :)

• lulu
    lulu

Wasting your time . My husband and I did all the documentations, scriptures etc etc the outcome being an announcement to the congregation that we had disassociated ourselves. Although untrue, nevertheless this happened on the 23/11/2002. We wanted stay in the Organization for the time being as this would give us more access to other JW's. Like the ten green bottles everyone except one has left us. So you will be forced into a decision one way or the other.

See 'Awake' 1990 22/5. pages 12-14. Five common fallacies= don't be fooled by them.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Here's one for him -

you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit