COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE 12-1-02 WT STUDY

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• musky
    musky
    No generation of 1914

I have not heard the latest "new light" on this. Is the current teaching that there is not a generation that saw the events of 1914, and will survive armageddon?

I left once (became inactive) and came back. Boy, that was stupid.

Stupid? I think anytime you honestly do what you feel is right, its not stupid.

Thanks for your hard work Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

Hi musky, and thanks.

The generation was anchored in 1914 in the sense that people from the generation that saw all the signs had to be alive in 1914 (even if babies) and alive when the end came. That meant that someone born in 1914 would be 88 now and soon to die based on the life span of humans today and not likely to see the end.

So now to be part of the generation that will not pass away, one only needs to have been born at any time during the "time of the end." So a 20, 30, 40, 50 year old person would qualify as being part of that generation (according to the WTS not Blondie)

Blondie(did I leave something out?)

• musky
    musky

Blondie, Thanks for your reply.

So now to be part of the generation that will not pass away, one only needs to have been born at any time during the "time of the end." So a 20, 30, 40, 50 year old person would qualify as being part of that generation (according to the WTS not Blondie)
    This is the current teaching? That is hard to believe. The last time I discussed this teaching was with an elder. He insisted that this teaching could not be wrong, and that it was a cornerstone teaching which would not be changed. ( due to new light). Hmmmm, I wonder what he is thinking now.
  • Farkel
    Farkel

blondie,

You said:

: The generation was anchored in 1914 in the sense that people from the generation that saw all the signs had to be alive in 1914 (even if babies) and alive when the end came. That meant that someone born in 1914 would be 88 now and soon to die based on the life span of humans today and not likely to see the end.

This is true.

: So now to be part of the generation that will not pass away, one only needs to have been born at any time during the "time of the end." So a 20, 30, 40, 50 year old person would qualify as being part of that generation (according to the WTS not Blondie)

: Blondie(did I leave something out?)

Yep, you did. The most important part. With the 1995 change the WTS has preserved 1914 as an anchor date. They HAD to do this, because virtually ALL of their claims to spiritual authority and power rest on 1914. Without 1914 there is no "first" resurrection" in 1918 and without 1914 there is no "cleansing' and appointment of the WTS over all of Christ's belongings in 1919. The latter claim is essential to WTS authority. Without 1914 being the anchor date that starts the clock on the "time of the end" then all of the insane Watchtower bullshit on this subject first imposed by JFR, their whole theology collapses into the sewer where it belonged in the first place.

In order to understand this key doctrine you must get into the mind and motives of JFR. He made many, many enemies when he seized control of the society when Chuckie Russell died. His overall master plan was the gradual unfolding of the "THEOCRACY" which he successfully completed in late 1938. This doctrine made HIM God in dubland. JFR spoke for God, therefore JFR's words were God's words. It was perfect for his personal agenda.

Da Judge was highly PISSED that he spent about 18 months in prison in the 1918-1919 years, and when he got out he was so pissed he made up a prophecy about it! This was the "freedom from Babylonish Captivity" prophecy! The only thing Da Judge didn't mention to his followers was the fact that his pet book, the Finished Mystery was a major insult to the USA who was fighting a War with Germany in 1917-1918. Da Judge was not a soldier and he wasn't obligated to defend the soil he occupied, but he allowed a book to be published that vilified those fellow-Americans who were dying to make sure his sorry ass could continue to spread his hate. So they sent him to prison. They should have executed his drunken ass.

Anyway, it was JFR who made up the whole story about the "Babylon Captivity" (they put HIS arrogant ass in jail. What a self-serving asshole he was.He defines Bible prophecy based upon HIMSELF.) and it was JFR who then used that to create this "Release From Captivity" (they let him out of jail) prophecy and his "Cleansed From Babylonish Teachings" prophecy. The latter is significant, for if it is to believed, then the WTS speaks for GOD himself.

There is much more to say, but in order to tie this all up: The WTS for decades has said that some of those alive in the year of 1914 would not die before Jehovah gave loyal dubs condos and houses formerly owned by the many billions God will fry at Armageddon.

Then in 1995, the WTS changed the rules and said "this generation" doesn't mean "this generation" in the way that any average person understands the phrase "this generation" to mean. That is to say, "this generation" means "this generation" as in what everyone understands "this generation" to mean.

They said this despite the very evident fact that for DECADES they have precisely DEFINED exactly what was meant by "this generation," ( in order to scare the troops and keep them serving the interests of the WTS) 30 years, 40 years, etc, etc, etc. NOW they are saying that "this generation" can be as long as they need it to be to preserve their self-assumed Spiritual authority. Note: They do not give a flying Farkel about "this generation." All they care about is convincing their book-salespeople that they speak for God. THAT is the sum total of it.

(Rutherford started all this bullshit with the notion that they were somehow "chosen" in 1919.)

They are clueless and nothing Rutherford said can change that. He was the biggest member of the clueless "Class." The only good thing he did for them was to give them a fake interpretation of a few Bible verses which makes them think they speak for God. Since half of the GB never finished high-school and since all of them are totally arrogant idiots, it's not surprising that all of them think they are special because they hold this man-made position.

I pity them, even if they are murderers by virtue of their idiocy.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, for adding that, Farkel.

Wow, it seems so clear yet if any JWs I know can see this they are keeping it to themselves and burying their heads in the sand.

Yes, the mind and motives of JFR are in my thinking now. I have been systematically reading "da Judge's" books and just recently acquired the booklet on Prohibition. What little I have read in this booklet makes me wonder how the JWs/Bible Students at the time didn't see what a blowhard he was. My grandparents became inactive about this time. I wonder if this is part of the reason.

Nowadays in the publications 1919 is the date that is emphasized, supposedly as the date God approved the Bible Students over all other religions as being spiritually clean. That was amazing since they still celebrated Christmas and used the cross in worship, with the cross figuring prominently on the cover of the Watchtower.

The point that has made me really wake up and take action is the lack of love which is not difficult to see or figure out like so-called prophecies.

No one will admit that the emperor has no clothes on.

Thanks again for your excellent comments.

Blondie

Edited by - Blondie on 4 December 2002 17:4:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit