COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE 12-1-02 WT STUDY

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Blondie

Quite amazing stuff, here's a comment that you won't hear at the WT study ...THANK YOU

KT

• gumby
    gumby

. A true Christian accepts a person for what they are,

Rebel,

Too bad this organisation could not accept ALL people who try and live good lives. There are countless of them in the world but sadly the Watchtower society believes 99% of mankind will die at God's hands. Is that arrogant or judgmental?

Even Jesus said of the man who wasn't "walking" with the rest of them but believed in him was acceptable to him as he himself told his followers.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Blondie, I always enjoy your posts and respect your hard work and research.

Having said that, I would like to offer a little "constructive criticism".

Use the "QUOTE" feature in Simon's editor when making your post. (It is the little cartoon-like word-bubble in the editor tool-bar next to the "happy face" emoticon button. Just select the text that is WT material, then click the button... Voila!

It will make your posts a bit easier to read, by differentating the WT's words from your comments.

Again, I mean this in the nicest way and am not trying to nit-pick or start a fight.

• blondie
    blondie

I'll try that Quotes. I use it on my smaller posts with differing success. I have a little problem with coordinating my crippled hands and using "" is sometimes easier than

quotes

Blondie

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

Isn't it funny how even without having laid eyes on a WT for over 10 years I can follow everything you said LOL It is still pretty much the same rhetoric, and you do a lovely job of providing a commentary that is a joy to read. Thanks Blondie!!

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, and yes, outbackaussie, as Solomon put it, "there is nothing new under the sun."

At least you haven't heard it over and over and over for the last 10 years. I call it regurgitation and then the commenters "eat" it and regurgitate it again.

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

Blondie,

: The introductory segment brings out another trinity, "We need all the protection God provides through his Word, his spirit, and his organization." If we have Gods Word and the Holy Spirit, what need is there for an organization to protect us from Satan?

Good point, but it's more than just that. The way it is expressed, it implies that God's Word and spirit by themselves are not ENOUGH. So it logically follows that the WTS puts its organization on a par with God's word his own own spirit!

The WTS also argues that it is impossible to understand God's word and receive his spirit WITHOUT the organization; that God will not provide understanding and spirit unless one is a dub. That being the case then, in every single way, God's Word, spirit and organization ARE a holy trinity, with the organization being EQUAL to God's spirit and word. They have reduced the power of God's holy spirit to being merely a peer and dependent upon humans who can't get any prediction right and who change and flip-flop on policies constantly.

What arrogance those puny human fools in Brooklyn display with such reasoning!

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 1 December 2002 11:24:22

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Farkel, you expanded quite nicely on the "trinity." I have read the quotes about how the organization puts itself on a par with the holy spirit and God's word. They are going even farther lately in putting themselves on the same level as Jesus and Jehovah which I pointed out in last week's lesson.

"By submitting to the slave class, Gods people also show their subjection to the Master, Jesus Christ." WTS statement

Slave class = Jesus Christ. You cannot be subject to Jesus or God unless you are subject to the slave class? Does that mean we have to pray through the FDS too?

It is amazing how wrong the holy spirit has been then based on the predictions of the WTS.

Thanks for your comments, Farkel.

Blondie (who is subject to no man or group of men and whose husband knows it)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

kudos again blondie, your review is the first thing I look for on the forum.

LOL, I recognize in your postings the same telltale signs of a longtime witness, like myself, that has been slowly driven insane by twisted reasoning, position flipflops and non-stop badgering about tiny issues, like being a child of a self-righteous but evil parent.

When I read your reviews, I feel like you put voice to my ideas!

pistoff

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, pistoff.

Yes, too long. I left once (became inactive) and came back. Boy, that was stupid. There have been so many "adjustments" that I dread when the next one comes (not if).

Donation arrangement

No paying for food at assemblies

No paying for parking tickets at assemblies

No subscriptions

Soft-cover books

No written review

No generation of 1914

Alternative service is okay

Voting is okay

Blood fractions are okay

Cellsaving machines are okay

Judging of the goats starts after the great tribulation