District Oversseer Comments On Lying

by twain30 11 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

my ex-husband was one of the biggest liars I ever knew. If he got caught he always managed to talk his way out of it. he had it down to a fine science. he told me that before being a witness he was a professional liar, well if you tell me he carried it on in the organization too. yet no one ever believed me. sheesh.

Oh well he's in and i'm out he's in and i'm out he's in and i'm out. do you remember what show that line was from?

• blondie
    blondie

Sound familiar?

*** Insight Volume 2 page 244 Lie ***

The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person.

*** w92 12/15 22 Why Is It So Easy to Lie? ***

For some people, lying is so easy it becomes habitual. Others are generally truthful, but when cornered they will lie. Few refuse to lie under any circumstances.

A lie is defined as "1. a false statement or action, especially one made with intent to deceive . . . 2. anything that gives or is meant to give a false impression." The intention is to cause others to believe something that the liar knows is not the truth. By lies or half-truths, he strives to deceive those who are entitled to know the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit