District Oversseer Comments On Lying

by twain30 11 Replies latest jw friends

• twain30
    twain30

During a recent talk our District Overseer made this statement:

"For some lying becomes habitual, for others its coerced. Very very few individuals are truthful under any circumstances. As Jehovah's people we are always truthful, we don't lie under any circumstances especially toward those who are entitled to know the truth."

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is so funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

we don't lie under any circumstances especially toward those who are entitled to know the truth."
    Does he listen to what he says? Too funny.
  • JH
    JH
    we don't lie under any circumstances

• twain30
    twain30

Re: Mulan

This is an exact word for word quote! That's what's scary!

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

Wonder if he would submit to a polygraph and repeat that for us?? LMAO

• Mary
    Mary

Someone should sit in the front row with a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" with it facing towards the speaker and see how confident he appears then.......what an asshole.......

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

LOL@ Mary in the front row...making CO's tremble in their boots.

• Buster
    Buster

I love that quote!! "...especially to those entitled to the truth."

That very clause implies a grade of entitlement to the truth, and implies a grade of less entitlement to the truth. I clearly read from that quote that those not entitled to the truth are nowhere near as likely to get it.

Fabulous

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

It must be a "conscience" call as to who gets the best truth and who gets mediocre truth...or maybe there will be an article on how to be truth-worthy in a future WT.

• Mum
    Mum

How confusing to be a JW child listening to this drivel.

I don't suppose he mentioned that telling the truth is very important but is likely to get you disfellowshipped.

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit