Why must JW's buy their way into God's Kingdom??

by WingCommander 17 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

Actuallu, dear WC, the WTBTS has it all wrong. Let's see (I am going to move your points around, if you don't mind... thank you!):

I know it says in the Bible about going from "house to house, and door to door proclaiming God's word," but do you have to?

First, it does not say that at all! There was/is no "door to door" preaching; such words do not even occur in any account. With regards to the phrase "house to house", the WTBTS has misconstrued Paul's words when he was talking TO THE CONGREGATION... about teaching THEM... from THEIR houses: he went from one's house... to another's. House... to house. That's it; that's all.

How it truly works, and quite contrary to the false WTBTS teaching... is that it is NOT random: neither my Lord nor his disciples just went up to any old door and knocked and started talking. HE chose who was "deserving" and SENT them to specific ones, just as he went to the homes of specific ones (i.e., Simon, Zacchaeus, Lazarus...). So, Philip was SENT to the Ethiopian eunuch; Peter was SENT to Cornelius; Paul was SENT to Ananias. Why is this? Because as my Lord said: "You did not choose me... I chose you!"

The WTBTS, however, has taken it upon themselves to deem who is "worthy" or not... by folks reaction to THEIR message. When in truth, however, they should be LISTENING to the voice of my Lord: for he either directs people to his servants, or his servant to certain people... based on the "seeking" one's "thirst"... and "asking." If they ASK... he will respond.

Doesn't it also say that you are to come, "drink life's water free?" - or something to that effect? Also, I recall the "those taking in knowlege of me will live forever."

With regard to your first question, yes, absolutely, it does! Even to this very day, the Spirit AND the Bride... KEEP saying "Come!" And the folly of the WTBTS is to "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men (for they themselves are not going in!), by NOT allowing ANY who wish it to come and take such water. Read if you will what my Lord was recorded to have said at John 6:48-56, paying close attention to verses 51, 53 and 55. And yet, the WTBTS teaches... FALSELY... that those who do not follow this command have "life... in themselves." Truly, given my Lord's words, how can that be?

And what is this "life's water" that many misunderstand... and the WTBTS' misteaches and prohibits? It is.... holy spirit... that "water" of "life"... the "bath" that "cleanses" us... by means of Christ. It is the "blood" POURED OUT upon us... to cleanse us of our sins... so that we can stand "clean" before God. Does it rid us of the sins of the flesh? No, but rather... the sins of the TRUE man... the spirit! That is why John the Baptist said: "I baptize you with water, but there is one coming after me, the lace of whose sandals I am not fit to tie, and THAT one... will BAPTIZE you... with FIRE... and SPIRIT!" This is because fire cleanses even that which cannot be cleanses otherwise, and holy spirit, "water"... cleanses even the spirit... which H20 cannot do! Thus, one writer said: "That which is saving you... BAPTISM... NOT the putting away of the filth of the flesh... but the request to God... FOR A CLEAN CONSCIENCE!" Water... H20... can cleanse the flesh... but it cannot cleanse the conscience... or spirit.

With regard to your second question, it is NOT "taking in knowledge of" my Lord, but KNOWING him! Read if you will, John 8:32. Then read John 14:6. Then read John 8:36... and see if you can "get the sense" of it. There is quite a difference, dear WC, between taking in knowledge of someone... and knowing, personally, that one, yes? Thus, it is not the taking in of knowledge of the truth, but KNOWING the Truth... KNOWING him, for by knowing HIM... you will know the Father... and it is by means of that, that you can be set free!

Why do JW's HAVE TO go door to door? If Christ's life was a ransom sacrifice for us, than why must we "buy" our way into the New Kingdom (paradise, etc)??? This never made sense to me. In the WT's eyes, you could be the biggest sinner around, but if you got your field service hours in every month, everything was just overlooked, or somehow God forgave you. But if you were an older, kind, loving, good JW whom didn't get out in service at all, you were dirt, spiritually weak, no good, whatever.

Door to door won't get you "in", dear WC. Such entry is due to UNDESERVED kindness... it is a GIFT... granted by my Lord... my means of HOLY SPIRIT... "life's water"... which cleanses the INSIDE of the "cup"... so that one CAN enter... and one can only get "in" THROUGH One... the Door or "Narrow Gate"... my Lord, the Son and Christ, of God... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. That is what the entire "message" of the scriptures, Bible and other related writings is:

John 5:39, 40; 7:37, 38; Matthew 10:28

Sorry if my recollection of the scriptures is not exact. I haven't even been to a Kingdom Hall in a year. But what I am getting at is that I can't see how God would look down on you for not selling magazines. I mean, I honestly found that "informal" witnessing was much more productive. You know, just bringing up the Bible when the occasion arose. It was much more indusive of discussion that way. Anyway, if God asked Jesus to be a sacrifice for our sins, by do we have to pay for that sacrifice? Never made alot sense to me......

That's because once one begins to see through them... lies... never make sense.

May you have ears to hear the invitation to you, to "Come! Take 'life's water' free!" and thus, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH (Psalm 68:4)... of Armies... and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA (JAH Saves) MISCHAJAH (Anointed/Chosen of JAH)... be upon you... if you so wish it.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• gumby
    gumby

Why must they buy their way in?

Because their doctrines are structured that way.It is a "work" oriented group.

Why do they always ask at the end of a prayer....."and forgive us of our sin's" ?

Jesus was supposed to have already done that on the cross/stake. Nowhere in the scriptures will you find you have to work your way in. Read Romans.

Then again.....the bible is confusing. It also speaks of staying awake, staying faithful, don't let your love die off, don't sin anymore. Read 2JOHN for these.

The argument of Justification by faith alone has been argued from the time this book was written. already did that for those who would simply believe in him.must they buy their way in?

Why must JW's buy their way into God's Kingdom??hy must JW's buy their way into God's KingdomWhy must JW's buy their way into God's Kingdom

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Why must they buy their way in?

Because it is a cult!!!

• gumby
    gumby

WP,

Good answer! All cults are" works" oriented with obeidience to a person or Organisation.....all of them!

• Scully
    Scully

The other means in which field service in general and turning in hours in particular is very effective is that it is a way of putting guilt and shame on a person. If you can look at a crippled old woman who's living on dog food because it's all she can afford on her old age pension and make her feel WORSE by saying "are you REALLY doing everything you can in Jehovah's service?" you've got someone who will try harder to get that extra hour in the next month, she'll just buy one less tin of dog food and water down what she has to make the sacrifice. And that isn't even scratching the surface because we've all seen the praise and the positive stroking dubs get for pioneering and auxiliary pioneering and bethel service and yada yada yada. The last congregation we were in, there were monthly suppers for the elders and pioneers, to "keep them encouraged". HELLO??? They aren't the ones who needed "encouragement". They NEVER had dinners for the single parents, or the kids who only had one parent in The Truth TM , or the people who were struggling financially, or the people who were sick. And the people who really could have used the encouragement were always the ones that got "overlooked" whenever social functions took place. Why?? Because JWs want those people to feel miserable, so that they will TRY HARDER, so they can escape the feelings of GUILT and SHAME.

The currency that JWs work with includes GUILT and SHAME, and if you can make someone feel those two emotions, you've got someone who's gonna try to work their hiney off to (a) get away from the guilt and shame, (b) try to derive whatever measure of self-worth they can from their extra efforts, and (c) hopefully get a piece of Paradise Pie in the Sky eventually.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 29 November 2002 17:25:18

• gumby
    gumby

Guilt and shame,

Pretty much what Christanity is based on isn't it. It wasn't our fault that were imperfect, but if we don't fly straight , were doomed......even if your just a GOOD person.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Why copyright the "truth"?
    God's channel would not do this,
    but a Book Publishing Corporation would.

Why withhold all information from free access on the internet?

Why shun any who understand information before headquarters?

Why put donated money into comfort item at headquarters?

Why change teachings?

Can we keep this going?

gb

• JT
    JT
    WT printing presses are the mediators between God and man quite literally in WT land.

now is this a great one liner or what- smile

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit