Why must JW's buy their way into God's Kingdom??

by WingCommander 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This has been eating at me for a while. Why do JW's HAVE TO go door to door? If Christ's life was a ransom sacrifice for us, than why must we "buy" our way into the New Kingdom (paradise, etc)??? This never made sense to me. In the WT's eyes, you could be the biggest sinner around, but if you got your field service hours in every month, everything was just overlooked, or somehow God forgave you. But if you were an older, kind, loving, good JW whom didn't get out in service at all, you were dirt, spiritually weak, no good, whatever.

I know it says in the Bible about going from "house to house, and door to door proclaiming God's word," but do you have to? Doesn't it also say that you are to come, "drink life's water free?" - or something to that effect? Also, I recall the "those taking in knowlege of me will live forever."

Sorry if my recollection of the scriptures is not exact. I haven't even been to a Kingdom Hall in a year. But what I am getting at is that I can't see how God would look down on you for not selling magazines. I mean, I honestly found that "informal" witnessing was much more productive. You know, just bringing up the Bible when the occasion arose. It was much more indusive of discussion that way. Anyway, if God asked Jesus to be a sacrifice for our sins, by do we have to pay for that sacrifice? Never made alot sense to me......

WIng Commander

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

WingCommander, thought provoking isn't it??!! why indeed. I am sure that while I was an active JW I could have had an excellent rebuttal for you from the scriptures. Now I just think it is a great way to keep people in control.

• JT
    JT
    Never made alot sense to me

of course it never made sense and the reason is very simple- you and i and others sincerely believed that wt was connected to god- the fact of the matter is wt merely masquarades around as a channel to god-

wt is an Amercian Publishing Corp, plain and simple- or yea they thow in a few bible text for good measure sorta like a GOOD FRONT COMPANY , but they are a biz to the bone,

bethel rakes in over 900 Million a year, ask yourself when was the last time you picked up a mag and read where the WT has purchased an Old yellow school bus in africa so that the local jw will not have to walk for 4days to a district convention that has been organize and arrranged by the wt-

we often read the exp of jw who walk swim and struggle to get to the conventions, yet we have seen the wt rent a bus in their behalf,

every sunday morning i see the little of school bus come by to pick up the kids for sunday school at many of the local churches not wt-

consider kingdom halls- have you every read in the wt where the society IS BUILDNG A HALL IN A COMMUNITY FOR PURE WORSHIP

nope if the local jw can get the funds or BORROW from them no hall

why does'nt the wt just build a hall in very poor areas of the earth, they take in over $900,000,000 a year yet i have NEVER seen one hall put up by the wt in no community

you could have 150 jw meeting outdoors in the heat and rain with no money and wt would not say we are building a hall here-

THE INTERNET please ask yourself why has the wt who has always stated the most important work being done on the earth today is the preaching work-

the wt producces literally BILLIONS OF PC of literature, yet why have they not made availble to the public free of charge the word of god by means of the internet

Damn you can go to your local newspaper site and browse thru their old archives- yet you can't do any biblical research via the net on a publishing company who 5yrs ago was ranked in a "Printing trade mag" as the 2 largest printing outfit here in the USA ---ONLY SECOND

THE THE GOVERMENT PRINTING OFFICE --

i leave here in Washington, DC, do you know who much printed material the Gov Print Office does, just think of all the forms, brochures , etc and yet the wt is #2

yet they have no real presense on the Net in comparision to the volume of printed material they have-

why can't millions of folks read the lastest wt and awake on the net??????

so the bottom line my friend is this you are asking this question because like so many of us we are looking at wt in the context of having to do with god,bible/relgion, whatever

when in fact we need to look at wt the way they actually are- a publishing house and you and i were their FREE SALESMEN AND WOMEN

• Mary
    Mary

WC, they tell you you have to go out in Service and this is based on a couple of scriptures that they like to blow out of proportion. First is that one they use in the OT where it says "If I say to someone wicked "you will positively die" and you do not warn him of his wickedness, then he in his own error will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand." I can't remember if God was saying this to Jonah or who he said it to. Fast forward 2500 years into the future and they tell you that this is applying to us today and that unless you go out and knock on the same doors for 130 years getting 10 hours a month in service, talking to good decent people about how they're gonna die if they don't become a JW, then YOU'RE gonna die!

They also use a scripture in Acts where Paul says: "While I did not hold back from teaching you publically, and from house to house." This is the scripture they use to justify their annoying ritual every week of knock, knock, knock and on the surface, it seems to have merit. However, a closer study of the original meaning of "house to house" puts it in a different light. This was more than likely talking about going to the homes of people that had already converted to Christianity, not knocking on the doors of unbelievers.

There is absolutely no evidence in the bible that Jesus went from house to house trying to convince people that he was the Messiah. He taught either in the Synagogues, in public squares or anywhere out in the open where anyone who wanted to hear him could listen, and those that didn't want to listen, didn't have to.

They also use the scripture that says "faith without works is dead." They interpret these "works" to be Field Service. The Society's veiled threat that you will die at Armagedon if you don't go out in Service at every opportunity, works well. No loyal Witness wants to risk Jehovah's wrath at the Big A and miss out on living in a Paradise which is "right around the corner". They therefore teach that you have to EARN everlasting life (even though they do say it's a gift), you can't just waltz through there. This is simply a tactical cult technique to keep everyone in line..........

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Do you mean - doing jobs that appease the jw god, that imaginary animal whose gonna kill everyone but them.

You may have read about how "buy and sell" goes hand in hand with worshipping and giving life to " the image of a beast ".

You may also have read Pharoah saying " Let heavier work be laid upon the men that they may labor at it and pay no regard to lying words ."

-----------

And "house to house" - stick it in a search engine - interestingly, it's in an instruction from Jesus - " do not go from house to house " - but the jws don't take that one literally - you can make up a whole new religion by changing what's to be taken literally and what's not - maybe we could stone people who eat octupus.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 29 November 2002 9:34:2

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Years ago I had a long discussion in service with a guy that kept telling me J-dubs are "works oriented and have completely missed the point of salvation - God's loving kindness ". At the time I just didn't get his argument, but I remembered it. Now I believe J-dubs are 100% works oriented and that this concept is shoved down their throats by the WT to:

1. keep them to busy to think

2. keep them feeling guilty they're not doing enough

3. keep the competition going (pioneer, m.s., elder)

4.. keep the org. in business

in other words control of the collective

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God, not because of works, lest any man boast. --Ephesians 2:8-9

Jehovah's Witlesses Witnesses have to go from door to door because it lines the organizations pockets with money.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Not that I am defending the Jdubs but they are not the only religion that teaches that their way is the only way to salvation. Most mainstream religions may have softened their stand on this but look at all the injustices in history that has been done in the name of God. What about the Spanish inquisitions? Or the witch hunts etc. Was not the church saying that they were the only way and if you didn't believe what they said you were condemned to death? That is my problem with all organized religions. None can say their hands are clean from the blood that has being shed in the name of religion.

Will

• TR
    TR

Thanks, JT.

You have a way of getting to the bottom line. You can't be a JW unless you read a load of WT material. WT printing presses are the mediators between God and man quite literally in WT land.

TR

• JH
    JH

They want to control you, take all your time. By going door to door, you identify yourself as a J.W. It is easy going to the hall where no one see you, but when you go door to door, then the whole city sees you. They want to see to what extent you want to be a part of thier org. Every religion stresses a certain point, and the witnesses go door to door. Thats what they are known for. It's their trademark. They want new recruits for more money and more control. Thats the best way to get people (door to door). How many witnesses do like going door to door? Not many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit