Happy Thanksgiving !

by Undecided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

My wife is cooking for tomorrows thanksgiving dinner. She just baked a ham, made a chocolate cake and a sweet potato casserole. She will bake the turkey tomorrow with the other goodies. My family will come down and eat with us. Maybe I can get a picture or two, if I don't forget.

I hope you enjoy the holiday too.

Ken P.

• LB
    LB

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Ken. Enjoy that eating, I will too.

I'm sure you'll help with the clean up afterwards. I going to try and find someone to help Mrs. LB.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Happy Thanksgiving to you also, Ken.

I am ahead of the game also as far as baking. I baked three pies tonight. Just took them out of the oven actually. Two pumkin pies and one peach. I know, peach is not a thanksgiving kind of pie, but I do love them.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Happy T-Day to you as well. Just finishing up my pies as we speak - love that smell!!!

Hope you have a truly enjoyable day tommorrow!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I going to try and find someone to help Mrs. LB.

LB, she already has someone to help her..........YOU, now get your bum in gear. LOL

• LB
    LB

Lilacs I so much would love to help clean up. I really would. This is from the heart. But I am afraid I wouldn't do the clean up justice. I most likely wouldn't scrape the plates clean enough before washing. Maybe the water wouldn't be hot enough and that could cause eboli bateria to run wild. People could die.

I can't do it.

• bigred
    bigred

This is Mulan again. Used up all my posts. Can't figure out how that happens. Dave doesn't mind if I use his ID

We just finished getting the dressing made, and the turkey stuffed. It is in the oven. I cook it for an hour at 400 and then drop the temp down to 180 until we are ready to make gravy. It never overcooks. Amazingly delicious. I cooked all day today. I made cranberry sauce, Scarlet's candied yam recipe (looks wonderful, ready to bake tomorrow), another cranberry dish someone posted from NPR, and polished 16 place settings of silver, got out the china, and I'm ready to get the table set tomorrow. ; Dinner at 4:30. (the others are bringing pies, mashed potatoes and wine)

Here is a Turkey Day Wish:
    May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey be plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy
    have nary a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    and your pies take the prize,
    and may your Thanksgiving dinner
    stay off your thighs!

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!!!

I'm making a sweetpotato pie now for tomorrow. I'll be roasting turkey, making gravy, dressing for the turkey, and mussels with fresh thyme, garlic and cream.

Hmmm.....am I forgeting something???? This is the first Thanksgiving after leaving the WTS and after wedding. I'm hosting 6 people dinner. Ahhh! I remember! I need to get some fresh mixed berries for garnish to my pie.

It is amazing that I still have something to buy after two trips to the supermarkets with a very long shopping list.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I think next year I will do it Mulans way. I've been getting up early on TG day to stuff and bake the turkey, when I could be sleeping in.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

This is the first year I won't have the family for Thanksgiving!..Hubby doesn't like Turkey now..he doesn't want to smell it cooking either!..(Cancer).So my youngest daughter is coming over (She is divorced) and we are going to Denny's!..How about that!.

He did request I make my famous "Peanut Butter Pie" though..

He stays alone when I go shopping for about an hour. So I figured my daughter and I could go eat.He will probably take a nap. Dennys is 2 minutes away from me.

He did request some of Denny's Hot Wings....go figure!.

My other Daughter is out of town for the weekend.

My son and his new wife will be bringing me a "Plate" Friday night!...

I hope she likes "Peanut Butter Pie!"

Snoozy......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit