How many Saviors

by mensa163 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logical
    logical

Jesus and Jehovah are not the same being, they are totally separate, and there are scriptures that prove this.

But, you say that there are scriptures that prove the opposite.

Really though, Jehovah IS our saviour, and Jesus is merely carrying out His fathers will. Jesus died for our sins, but who provided this means of salvation? No, not Jesus, but our Heavenly Father did.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I agree. The Father and the Son are individuals. But their "nature" is the same. Hes anyone ever reasoned that the term "god" could be a state of existence or nature rather than meaning a singular being?

Think of flesh. It is the state of existence that man and woman exist in. Now think of God. It is the state of existence the Father and Son exist in.

Man and woman. Seperate and distinct. Same nature. The two become one physically and intellectually.

Couldn't it be possible that the Father aand Son approach this same state of existence in the heavens? The two become one spiritually and intellectually.

The postulation is reasonable, isn't it?

• logical
    logical

Jesus can never be equal to Jehovah, for the simple reason, Jehovah is the creator, Jesus is the creation. Jesus is as close as possible to Jah, but not equal to Him.

Jehovah is always going to be the HIGHEST in the order of things, because He created all things, and none of His creation can equal that.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

How do you rectify John 1:1 and Isaiah 9:6?

Also, I agree that Christ is in full subjection to the Father as woman is in subjection to the man.

Christ in subjection to the Father in the nature of God
    Woman in subjection to the man in the nature of flesh.

Woman is equal to man in the flesh but not in headship.
    Christ is equal to the Father in God but not headship.

When Christ says "The Father is greater than I," couldn't it be possible that he is meaning in the headship arrangement and not the God nature?

Use your Bible to support your understanding, I don't mind at all.

What texts do you use to support Christ being created? Col & Rev?

• willy_think
    willy_think

ligical

Jesus and Jehovah are not the same being, they are totally separate, and there are scriptures that prove this.

Really though, Jehovah IS our saviour, and Jesus is merely carrying out His fathers will.

if you could give me the scriptures i would really like to look them up

Jehovah is always going to be the HIGHEST in the order of things, because He created all things, and none of His creation can equal that.

will you give me the scripture were god created the word?

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • agent2863
    agent2863
    Jesus can never be equal to Jehovah, for the simple reason, Jehovah is the creator, Jesus is the creation.

Hey Logical, where do you find in scripture that Jesus was ever created?

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d
    The Father and the Son are individuals. But their "nature" is the same.

Can you see Jesus Christ killing off thousands of people? According to the bible, God has. Judging from the scriptures, Jesus is closer to fitting the description "God is love" and is "disgusted by violence" than any other so called "God" in the bible.

"No cool quote yet. But i'll think of one soon."

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Yahweh as Savior

Isaiah 43:3&11
    Isaiah 63:8
    Luke 1:47
    1 Timothy 4:10

Jesus as Savior

Matthew 1:21
    Luke 2:11
    John 1:29
    Titus 2:13
    Hebrews 5:9

So, how many Saviors do we have? Yahweh say's besides him there is no Savior! Is Yahweh lieing? According to the New Testament he is, unless....................it is best to use the mind God gave you and draw your own conclusions.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Shhhhhhh....people might start thinking Jesus is Yehweh.

Interesting thing. Almost 7000 times Yehweh is used in the OT. With over 5000 manuscripts available of the NT, it's not in it once, excepting the abbreviated "Alleluiah"

Yehweh

Jesus

My new name. (See Rev.)

pom

PS. The Father committed ALL things to the Son. Could the Bible really mean all? Like every single thing including "the name?"

• logical
    logical

Sorry for the delay.

John chapters 16, 17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit