How many Saviors

by mensa163 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mensa163
    mensa163

Hopefully a learned JW can answer this for me.
    I have many JW friends & attended a couple of meetings.
    One friend dropped by every month or so handing out pamphlets etc. and we enjoyed the visits. One Saturday I asked him who was savior and he said Jesus. Then I asked him to read the place where it says "I am Jehovah your God,,,You shall acknowlege no God but me,,,,no Savior except me"
    He slammed my door & I haven't seen him since and this question still haunts me. I keep thinking that if Jesus is Savior and Jehovah is Savior they must be the same persons if only one savior is permitted according to Jehovah.
    Also if Jesus is "a god" we should not be able to acknowlege him because Jehovah said to acknowlege no God but him. If an experienced JW could help me with this I greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

• mensa163
    mensa163

One week later and I wait patiently for a reply.
    Are there no experienced JW's who read this page. A non-reply does'nt look good for the organization
    Thank you
    mensa163

• larc
    larc

Mensa,

Speaking of non-replys. I asked you a question about Martin Sheen's sons and I asked you a question about the mathematics and logistics of Noah's Ark, and I have received no reply on either question. A man at your level of intelligence should be able to provide something, or are you shucken and jiven?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Rom 1:18-20
    19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Genesis, the "two become one flesh."

In the spirit too? Yup;

1 Cor 6:16-17
    For it is said, "The two will become one flesh"17 But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

If it happens in the flesh and the spirit can it happen with God?

Of course. The Father and Son become one God.

What is it in creation that is so clearly seen about the nature of God, that men are without excuse?

Two.

One tabernacle, two compartments.

Two temples, two compartments.

Two is good.

pom

• agent2863
    agent2863

If your reading the New World Translation, that's where the confusion begins. John 1:1 for example, "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was a god".(NWT) The W.T. inserted 'a' into the text for their own purposes. The greek text does not support the use of 'a' here. They know what it means, but it goes against what they teach. You're correct in your assumption. Jesus & Jehovah are one & the same. "...and the Word was God;....and the Word became flesh." Jn 1:1,14. Easy. See ya!

• mensa163
    mensa163

lark
    A bit ironic you suggested I move from the main forum to this one for my bible questions and after I did so you wonder why I am not back in the main forum. Nevertheless I'm glad you found me and I will give you my slant on Martin Sheen and the mathematics of Noahs Ark.

I personally do not care much about Mr. Sheen's home town etc. I do know he is deep into the occult based on a 1/2 hour TV show he was interviewed on called "Walking after Midnight" In his own words he described his relationship with demons and powerful dark spirits.
    I also know Martin Sheen is one of those goody-goody Hollywood types who attaches some type of ribbon to his lapel and goes on a crusade to save all the forests of California to preserve the nest of one spotted owl. The next week he is filming his race car scene on southern beaches of California. In order to achieve the dramatic effect of the spped of the car, the film producers spread corn on the beach to attract the seagulls. Then the car races past and the birds scatter and makes for great film effects. The problem is a few are killed each time and after several takes the beach is littered with dead seagulls. This sums up Martin Sheens love of birds, he is a hypocrite at best and a liar at worst. He walks with the devil and is proud of it.

Noahs Ark numbers. Here is my quick look at the size and logistics of the ark. The measurements given are 450 feet by 75 feet gives 33,750 square feet minimum.
    At 45 feet high there could be up to four 10 foot levels giving 135,000 square feet useable area. A modern livestock barn with
    53,000 square feet holds 4000 pigs (an average sized animal) Using these numbers , the ark could easily hold 10,000 animals. I do not know how many pairs of animals there are on earth, how they fit into the ark or how God led them inside.What do you think lark. As far as food, I suppose God could have put the animals into a semi- hibernation mode to reduce the food requirements.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

MENSA?

way off the subject but with all the calculations you just did......

how many man hours a day would it take to clean up the SH** from those 10,000 animals.......

and where did they put it!? OUT THE WINDOW?..

not even pleasant to think about !
    S

• larc
    larc

Mensa,

When I come to visit, I go to the top of the page and click "most active" and read what is new. Hence, I didn't have to look for you.

I really don't care what you think of Martin Sheen. I asked about his two sons. I won't ask any more about the Noah boat myth. You seem to be irritated right now.

• f451
    f451

larc,

Regarding the Ark.

You will find an in depth discussion of th ability of the ark to hold the animals here:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

You can find answers to other Noah related questions, including construction and habitation of the ark here

http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html#noahsark

Best

F451

• logical
    logical

A word of advice, dont get drawn into larc's little games, he has no intention of learning anything from these discussions, he only wants to attack God and His word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit