DON'T GIVE JEHOVAH WITNESSES A BREAK

by Iwasyoungonce 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

It has almost always been my experience that when encountering a Jehovah Witness with sword drawn to defend relgion the first demand is to establish what clan (relgion) I have been branded with. Thus the nit picking of my faith can take place. Like a tit for tat. Catholic's, Islam, Judism, they all have flaws. All relgions do. Like people, none are perfect. (Thank goodness)

There in lays the defeat of all Jehovah Witnesses propaganda. There is no perfection. No perfect truth, and that is a good thing. Faith is something that is free. There is no price but acceptance. But all to often relgion gives a licence through babtism where if you keep the domga (faith) then you have permission to have faith. Well, that is not true faith. That is not free. There is a price tag, Your free will.

So the point. "IF" you claim to have the " exclusive true faith through relgion" (which there is no such external thing) then you have to be correct in it. It does not matter what I think. My religion, my FAITH is not relevant because you have established that only yours matters. You think that you are already right. If my faith is not recocognized as equal, it is like me not being recognied. I am not equal. So give the Jehovah Witnesses the break they deserve. NONE! You owe them nothing. I think that evil people should be left to themselves. And we owe it to each other to support each other and, not be in a bid to control each other. "Compelled to Control," That is a sorry life indeed.

Edited by - Iwasyoungonce on 27 November 2002 14:4:19

• heathen
    heathen

Maybe you should change the title to don't give them a break.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, iwasyoungonce!

I was just wondering in what capacity you have been affected by the JW religion?

Spanner

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

heathen,

Good point I did not mean to troll.

Thanks,

Jay

• bluemoon
    bluemoon

Very true Iwasyoungonce. I'm happy to see it that way now. No person or religion is better or more important than any other. I'm glad to see that everyone here supports each other.

• heathen
    heathen

Glad I could help. lol

• Buster
    Buster

I liked the first paragraph. It jibes with something that I've always felt about the JWs: they seem to purposely avoid a bigger picture. It shows in their approach to the bible, in their approach to every-day rules of life. That thought pattern was one of the hardest for me to shed, even after I faded out.

Thouh there are some misc. subgroups, such as those sticking around so as to maintain familial relationships, I categorize most of those left behind, as the ones that haven't yet found the bigger picture. They are instructed to avoid the big picturem and they abandon their freedom and obey.

But you already know I'm gonna agree with you. I would never let a JW justify his faith by do a line-item comparison with mine.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I never took the hook.

But, they completely divided my family. My wife was in up till 18 then de'fed days before we got married. Of course they (jw's) don't see it that way. They claim to the rest of the family that they are my victim. They claim that I am a bigot and I only love money...Blah Blah. No one believes them. As everyone has been attacked. But they are afraid to create boundries that are fair. They want peace. I mean don't the jw's have a right to believe what ever they want? Which I say yes until they try to push it upon me when I say No. That is like rape. I did not know about the real truth about the truth until this year. Most of the people around me (non family) had little knowlege about them. More than 1/2 (estimate) have or have had some dealings with the group. All say the same thing. "They want to do something but don't know what to do." I don't think that SIA is approperate for all conditions by far. But if people were honest with experinces I think that would help. If they felt safe to talk. The media only covers "Religous" issue like 1% of the time. (Don't have a source where I heard that) And, although the JW's do have a right to do what they do we have a right to very publicly oppose it. No one should be allowed to hurt so many people and ruin their lives with impunity. It's really an outrage.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Any chance?

Hi, iwasyoungonce!

I was just wondering in what capacity you have been affected by the JW religion?

Spanner

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Spanner,

You question " I was just wondering in what capacity you have been affected by the JW religion?"

None.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit