Favorite Christmas Foods

by onthego 10 Replies latest jw friends

• onthego
    onthego

I like mince pies!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Anything that's got chocolate and nuts and a high fat content.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

COOKIES and more cookies, and more cookies! My mom used to bake hundreds of them, then trade with neighbors, so we always got the widest variety. My favorite were called Mexican Wedding Cakes and next was the special peanut-butter cookies w/ chocolate, but alas my newly discovered allergy to peanuts will rule them out...damn those witlesses - 12 years without them and now the craving starts!

• Lutece
    Lutece

Sugar cookies, gingerbread men, honey baked ham, mulled cider, red wine, champagne and spiced nuts.

This year I'm trying roasted chestnuts for the first time. Anyone really serve them at Christmas? I hear they're quite good. Oh, I forgot, a good cranberry bread with oranges and nuts (recipe on the back of the cranberry bag). It's delicious!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Brunettes and Dutch Blondes *drool*

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Tamales! Oh how I love eating homemade tamales during the holidays! Can you tell I'm of Mexican descent?

Cynthia

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my witness girlfriends makes Pisole every year at Christmas time. I can't wait for the next batch. Love it!! (pork and hominy soup...........yummy)

I think roasted chestnuts taste like baked potatoes. Totally forgettable. Let me know how you like them, Lutece.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I like rum balls, pralines, fruit cake, sweet potato pie, homemade cookies and candy. And that's just for my sweet tooth.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Baked ham with brown sugar glaze.

But what I really love are all the homemade cookies and candy. I am not sure fo the spelling but my grandmother used to make these and now my mom does. So far I have not had to make them but I get to eat them.

Not sure of the spelling but i'm sure a few of you will know and help me out?

Crumcaca, lefsa, fudimon, cresent cookies divinity fudge. I know i'm leaving a few out.

• more2C
    more2C

Growing up as a witness, I was allowed to drink egg nog. As a child, it was loaded with protein and now as an adult, it reminds me of my childhood. Plus, it tastes sooooo goooood!

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit