Confidentiality. Confidentiality. Confidentiality. RC Hearing Day 5

by passwordprotected 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Confidentiality. How many times does Ron de Rooy state the importance of Jehovah's Witnesses being confidential?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuCN5aZi5Gk&index=17&list=PLPQ6KZ-AGhVQbadlzMQN26dvMPzddxlui

He even "counselled" BCG to keep quiet about her abuse, not discussing it with others, even though her father had by now been disfellowshipped, citing a scripture about "gossip".

Why did he do this to a victim of horrific incestuous abuse?

Confidentiality.

But who's confidentiality? That of BCG? To protect her from the awkwardness or embarrassment of sharing with others in the Jehovah's Witness congregation?

No.

Watch the video. You'll learn that it was the confidentiality of BCH, the abuser. Even though he had now been disfellowshipped for "loose conduct" and lying (not sexual abuse). Even at this stage the elders were more concerned with keeping his actions quiet, with the potential "dragging of Jehovah's name through the mud" than they were of the young woman whose life had been destroyed at the hands of her father.

This is staggering.

Jehovah's Witnesses: this is your religion. This is your paradise. These are your "spirit appointment" men, your places of shelter.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

But, but....how many times did they meet and discuss all those "disgusting" things that the abuser did - they knew he had sex with his daughter. They say they believed her.

And they talked about it to the branch...and "other congregations". They are trying to appear proactive in their "supervision" of him and denying him reinstatement. But all it shows is that they broke confidentiality many times over. There is no confidentiality in the process they took. On one hand, BCG was conselled to not even speak about the abuse to her husband - but, then, when DeRooy went to "comfort" her, he emphasized that BCG's husband was in the room.

So weird....such strange and convoluted thinking. Their understanding about confidentiality is keeping it "confidential" from "the world". They think that their secrecy laws are the same as confidentality laws. They are so confused.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It's all about their perception of women, men and elders and the differences there-in.

The elders, being the appointed guardians of the congregation can do what they wish, discuss what they want with whom they want.

The sisters need to keep their busybody mouths shut and mind their business.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

LOL! Typical WBTS rhetoric. All you need is the GB in life, nothing else is relevant and is a waste of your Earthly Time.

"Young sister as you can see this scripture clearly says Jehovah cares about you and all injustices will be righted. You feel better now don't you? YOU DO DON'T YOU? Excellent! Now if youll excuse me Ive got a talk to prepare for."

• Heaven
    Heaven

My understanding is that the elders look at an accuser as being someone who asked for it or did something to provoke the abuse and therefore, has responsibility. Is this true for child abuse? I have read that it is but maybe not in all cases? Can any elders or former elders on here clarify this?

I was harassed at work by a male co-worker and my parents tried to implicate that I must have done something to illicit this. I was floored. I ensured they knew I had not.

I wonder how Ron - 'I Don't Recall' - De Rooy feels about a woman asking him these questions.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Any starting point in the 40 mins for that exchange? It would help to know. Thanks.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

This is just another example of classic Orwellian doublespeak on the part of the WTBTS and its representatives.

In JW-land "confidentiality" really means: cover-up.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    These videos are great. I will put this in my queue. If I start watching right now I will never get anything done.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Wasanelder Once ... I don't think there are specific questions in the video on what I'm asking but I would like some elders/ex-elders input on my questions.

I may have caused some confusion with my last statement in my post. It was just a thought... knowing how this group feels about women being in positions of power over men. Ron is looking rather bumbly.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    SecretSlaveClass: LOL! Typical WBTS rhetoric. All you need is the GB in life, nothing else is relevant and is a waste of your Earthly Time.
    "Young sister as you can see this scripture clearly says Jehovah cares about you and all injustices will be righted. You feel better now don't you? YOU DO DON'T YOU? Excellent! Now if youll excuse me Ive got a talk to prepare for."

DeRooy even speaks clearly about this.

At one point (was it right after the lunch break? BCG's lawyer questions him) he talks about visitng BCG and how he "comforted' her. He said something to the effect that "reinforcing what they already know will help them heal." In other words, "study your WT literature". The only tool that they have is "what the WT says" or "what the rules say". Pretty sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit