X 'Hovahs Who Still Believe

by TR 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!

This is by far a thread that hits me. My wannabee friend fits a lot of this bill. Too afraid to become a baptized member, but wanting to go to the two out of the three meetings per week. She knows the meetings are boring and has complained about it to me.

But bring up any subject and she closes right down and supports the "Tower of Power" (except, oddly I have yet to see any reply to all those newspaper clippings on the Boer trial ...hmmm). She even tried one day to tell me JWs do not officially shun people. Its the "fear factor" for sure - stockholm sydrome. She knows better but the fear that things really are not true have her hooked for a long time to come.

So sad to watch now that I know the real score. And of course, the wife, and the rest of my family have to go her and her JW mom's house tomorrow night and do what ... exchange gifts before the first of the month ... to make it look like we really don't celibrate that little old holiday.

hawk

• TR
    TR

Red,

The ultimate "blow" came when I read the list of cult characteristics that is listed on the freedomofmind site. I felt as if someone had literally punched me, its impact was so great.

Ain't it the truth, LOL! I mean really, it knocks the wind right out of you when these things are found out. A major impact, indeed! When your world is rocked by the revelation that the religion you believed to be the truth is exposed with all of it's ugly entrails hanging out, it tends to throw one for a loop.

TR

• wednesday
    wednesday

My term for this is Pergatory-ex sp. that is currrenlty where my husband and i live.

• TR
    TR
    My term for this is Pergatory-ex

Perfect! Sounds more x-filish than "Gomerville". But then, "Gomerville" denotes the stupidity in which we subject ourselves to.

TR

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

Just the fact that we're on this site denotes that we are all still living in Gomerville [or at least visiting]...Spock

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey - we may have another word to add to the ex-jw lexicon - Gomer! A term used to designate inactive but still believing dubs. I like it!!!!

Just look at the memorial numbers, there's millions of them out there.

• TR
    TR

Hey Dan,

Yes, Gomerville. Like their namesake, Gomer Pyle, they remain entrenched in a belief system, yet are not smart enough to see their way out of a wet paper bag. Sometimes Gomers have a "brother", "Goober" Pyle, a loyal 'hovah, that keeps "Gomer" hanging on to the WTS by the thinnest of threads.

Gomer = loyal X 'hovah

Goober = loyal 'hovah

TR

• QUESTIONEVERYTHING
    QUESTIONEVERYTHING

Maybe I'm a Gomer. Although I was only an unbaptized publisher. I mean I believe in a lotof Hova stuff and others I question or just don't give much credence at all. I've also noticed about myself is that out of all the religions philosophy wise I feel more comfortable with JW stuff in the context of the underlined.

Edited by - QUESTIONEVERYTHING on 14 January 2003 16:53:46

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit