Saturday, Elders response to Royal Commission

by umbertoecho 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

On Saturday the Elder and his wife turned up. I have my reasons for not turning them away at the moment, at least, not until the completion of the RC.

I asked him about his thoughts on the RC. He said that he thought it was easy and nothing to worry about. He felt that the investigation was rather limited and therefore they would come out of this with no problems. Only a thousand or so perverts compared to beastly Babylon the great apostate religions of the world. Truly amazing to hear him say this. Mind you. He is only one elder giving his opinion.

How's them eggs?!!

• kairos
    kairos
    When elderz start going to jail, he'll start whistlin' another tune entirely.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Unfortunately I think he expressed the common Witness viewpoint.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

People can rationalize just about anything.

A thousand perverts is no big deal unless you are one of the victims. I wonder if he would feel the same if it had been his child?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

umbertoecho:

"Only a thousand or so perverts compared to beastly Babylon the great apostate religions of the world."

Tell him to compare that 1,000 to the 66,000 or so publishers in Australia. Also tell him that Australia is not going to be a nation any different from the rest of the world as far as percentage of offenders are concerned.

• geevee
    geevee
    If I were an Elder and I had sat one one of these cases even though it was a long time ago.....I would be very scared, it could come back and Bite You..... Even if the elder wasn't a dub anymore, Look at this Monty Baker...still caught up, but no coaching from some paid for Lawyer...
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh my, Umber... how do those JWs even speak when their heads are buried so deep???

You would think they would get sand in their mouths.

*pssst...can someone make that woman's dress longer? It is scandalous!!!

• possum
    possum
    They are so warped they will probably say that they will wait patiently while Jehovah's angels clean the congregations via the commission as a test of faith they love tests of faith!!
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    "Royal Commission, Schmoil Commission" - JW elder
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    UMBERTO - Serious question: Did your elder friend actually watch the RC and look at the evidence, or did he glance quickly at the newspaper stand or turn the channel as it appeared on the news?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit