Some of their own medicine

by ChileanRick 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

I don't know if you have read this. Enjoy it.

http://www.cosmiverse.com/paranormal01180202.html

Jehovah's Witnesses Get Some of their Own Medicine

January 18, 2002 8:00 CDT

A British mum finally decided she'd turned the other cheek the suggested "70 times 7" and that it was time for some Christian action. After dealing with missionaries from the Jehovah's Witness Church every month for 12 years and telling them each time she just wasn't interested, it was either take some action or get some medication for that nervous twitch that struck every time she heard the doorbell. She chose the former.

Jane White gathered up her courage, a considerable amount of religious literature and other magazines, and set off for the local Kingdom Hall to give them back some of their own medicine. She timed her visit carefully to arrive in the middle of their services, banged loudly on the door until someone answered it and then proceeded to offer her literature to the congregation and talk to them about her religion. She was forced to "move along" after about 30 minutes of proselyting.

Ms. White insists that it's not the religion they practice that she objects to, but rather the intrusive way in which they insist on trying to share their 'good news' that she can't stomach anymore. A spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain stated that their policy is that if someone states that they do not want their representatives to call that a note is made and further contact is not made.

Source: The Times UK

• troucul
    troucul

A spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain stated that their policy is that if someone states that they do not want their representatives to call that a note is made and further contact is not made.

Unfortuneatly, we all know that is crap. The only way they will stop is if a gun is held to their head. And even if they do become a 'DNC' (Do Not Call), special arrangements will be made once every year or so for an elder or an m.s. to go back and 'make sure they haven't changed their mind'. That's the way it is in the 'States', I don't know about the U.K.

Edited by - troucul on 25 November 2002 16:1:48

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

In Chile, is the same. If someone says "don't come back here again".... we have to take note and "mark" the house in the territory paper, and then way until a year to come back. (Sorry if my english isn't well, I speak spanish)

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think that is great! I would love to see the looks on everyones faces.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, ChileanRick.

Your english is just fine. It is WTBTS's rules are the same the world over. That's why this board is so much fun. No matter what country you are from, you can relate to the activities of the jws.

Thank you for posting that intersting story.

j2bf

• Mulan
    Mulan

ChileanRick: My cousin is married to a Chilean woman, from Santiago. He met her when he went to a convention there years ago. He went back and brought her to this country during the time Allende was falling from power. He had to get one of our Senators to intervene for him, to bring her out. She is from a well known family down there, and she was a special pioneer, although she is inactive now. Their last name was Hope (or Moraga-Hope). I've seen it both ways.

Does it sound familiar? I know she has a brother named Alex, her father was Hugo, and her mother's and one of her sister's names are Leda (Lydia). Another sister is Clara. Her sister Leda lives in this country now, West Virginia.

Do you know of Bev Williams? She is from our former congregation, and is a missionary in Chile.

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

ChileanRick,
    Greetings from Peru,
    Saludos del Peru,
    Caballo Sentado

• Mary
    Mary

Chilean, you should record that 1/2 hour of preaching and send it to the local Kingdom Hall in the mail!!!

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Well, I look forward to my next victims. I have my bags packed and I am ready to go...Out in service that is. I have some great stuff too. About the Jehovah Witnesses sure ya I got that. Silentlambs yep. Some of the people on my block know and they are looking forward to it. Friends have even agreed to call me when their neighborhood is under seige. It's gona be a hoot!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

This was news a little while ago. I liked this one - the only incident I enjoyed more was the one where an old lady locked some JWs in her cellar because she was so sick of being harrassed by them. They were only found because rest of the car group alerted the police, who came looking for them. And, I still can't find that article!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit