What is the purpose of this Forum?

by lv4fer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I was reading the post about the profanity and the deleting of posts etc. I've been coming to this board for about a year and a half. I only looked/read for about the first 6-9 months. I found this forum to be informative and enlightening. I was however offended occasionaly by the language and or topics sexual etc., I then would try to stay away from post made by those who habitually made posts of that sort. When I first started lurking here I was still an active JW, although I had a few doubts. The topics about the UN and the Silentlambs really added fuel to my fire and gave me the courage to investigate further. Because of my further investigations/bible study my family and I are free. I guess what I'm trying to say is. If you want Witnesses to find the real truth you need to keep it reasonably clean. Because if you are a witness you are going to be totally turned off by foul language, explicit sexual content and then you will only go along with what the WT teaches that all "Wordly" people are bad. We need to continue to keep topics running about the WT errors, changes, there are so many It would never get boring. Remember there are new people coming in all the time. They may not know about the UN thing, Silentlambs, constant flip flops of doctrine, error of doctrine. These are what we need to be showing them. Not a bunch of "APOSTATES" having cussing matches.

• Simon
    Simon

That about sums up why we try and maintain some order. It is dificult (impossible?) at times but it's mportant to remember that there are different people at different stages all the time.

I hope we strike a balence between allowing some freedom and maintaining some standards so that the site can appeal to a wide audience of both ex and current (or at least 'thinking') JWs.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

1v4fer, I'm with you. I don't spend my time dwelling on JW's. In short, I go about my daily life and activity without them in mind.

Guest 77

• Beans
    Beans

Good Thread, I love getting people out!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Iv4fer ( what does that mean ? )

I welcolme your post very much and i agree you have made a pertinent point.

As an active JW, i can say with a certainty that the vast majority of web surfing and curious JW'S would come to this site and conclude that as you have assumed, ' bunch of apostates associating and crapping on about incidentals '.

The problem with JWD AT THE MOMENT, as i see it, is that it doesnt encourage or challenge JW's to discuss / defend their way of life unless that JW is prepared to experience a wave of what he would class as persecution and abuse from the other posters.

IMO most of the board members have really meaningfull, constructive things to say, but as i see it, have been draged down the redundant highway by the minority that have only hate and lack of substance to share with the others.

Hence this 'good' majority do not have opportunity or reason to exibit their finer qualities.

I believe that is why most of the intelectual posters, the ones that would address a question and attempt to answer it in a way that would encourage further meaningfull discussion, have left.

E'mans appointment as moderator is a proof that some here cannot conduct themselves without overly offending the majority, and that is not a good thing IMO for a forum that was created for the purpose of creative interaction.

Then again if you go to JWO forum, which is uncensored, the WORST side of our personalities are openly displayed. I mean people that post here in a respectfull way are tramping themselves over there.

It was not always like this I4.

Also if you go to Staffords site, which i will not advertise out of fear that it will dis-please the gods of this domain, the content and scope of the posts are highly intelegent, relevant and important to both XJW's and current Dubs.

Simon, i would humbly advise that if people want to talk about tits and arse, thats ok, but direct them to yahoo chat where they can satisfy their desires amounst similar ones there.

If this board stops behaving so badly, maybe then those posters that we seek for intelectual intercouse that are offended by the current content, may be invited back to a 'happy place', thats when you will see lurker JDubs come out of the framework.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

gone a tad serious haven't ya brother bathory?

i think this place is just great and reflects the true nature of those posting. (simon has done his level best and a wonderfull job in keeping us lunatics from running the assylum.

Where one or more brainwashed are gathered, there insanity will be also.

unclebruce who prefers to do his own sifting work.

Isn't the purpose of this forum to cure Bathory from meeting atten-dance, the theocrapic monitoring school and field service and such?

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

Thanks for this thread.

I today have experienced being personally attacked for trying to debate a point of 'generalities' it was not pleasent. I was shocked, I do not know people here very well at all and am trying to get to know them better and understand what they have been through and assist if I can, in turn I hope to receive assistance and understanding as well.

I come here to discuss and debate many issues, not just those associated with the wt cult.

duo

• kelpie
    kelpie

To me the purpose of this forum is to listen and to be listened to... Not to "rat on" and call other people names.

I too agree that sometimes an occasionally swear word can help ease the tension but not constantly!

Kelps

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

lv4fer originally it stood for "live for ever" after I learned the truth about the truth I was going to change it but then someone said it could stand for love for ever so I left it.

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day unc,

serious responses to serious questions and quid pro quo.

Mate, email me your mobil number ye old wombat so we can catch up.

Or post it here so every prick can call ya.

Hows the house goin ? Has it fallen over yet ??
    Whans the barby ??

Hey also unc before i forget, whens this dropkickofabloke dougie comin downunder ?? Im diein to make his aquintance, reakon he'll beat a blowfly and a 2 buck ho' in a suck up comp once we got'im in our hood !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit