My new toy

by Princess 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

I see lots of people posting threads about their new toys. Mostly male, trucks, motorcycles stuff like that.

This afternoon while making lattes for Mulan and Big Red, my espresso machine became quite rude with me. Spurting hot water over the top of the filter, just nasty. Since I bought it at William Sonoma where coffee makers have a lifetime guarantee, I took it back. Upgraded a bit to this:

It is fully automatic, grinds the coffee, tamps it into the filter then brews the espresso and cleans itself when it's all done.

Coffee at my house, come on over.

If you are considering purchasing any small appliances, check out William Sonoma, they guarantee everything. It's awesome. My last machine had to be replaced three times before I gave up and got this one. Their stuff costs a bit more up front but you end up saving money in the long run. I'll never have to buy another.

Rachel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm so jealous! I want one of those so bad. I love cappuccino, and homemade is the best. I bet that modle cost around $400. Way over my budget.

• The_Desert_Fox
    The_Desert_Fox

Fortunately I am a tea drinker, so I don't need all those expensive contraptions.

Erwin

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Make mine a short black, Rachel.

I like it with a froth on top.

Oh, and no sugar. I take it white (of course).

Cheers, Ozzie

• Been there
    Been there

Princess,

Do they sell fully automatic husbands there? I could use the lifetime guarantee. I would like to upgrade.

p.s. Love your toy, but all those buttons scare me.

Edited by - Been There on 24 November 2002 5:53:39

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

That is one fine looking machine! Make mine a latte please :)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A latte drinker, eh? Mrs Ozzie always drinks them.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Been there:

Do they sell fully automatic husbands there? I could use the lifetime guarantee. I would like to upgrade

I don't even have a current model. I'd like to buy the latest model, with a lifetime guarantee and definitely not second-hand or "pre-loved", thanks.

• Been there
    Been there

Prisca,

By the time a model gets so old if it hasn't been "pre-loved" then that model must have had some serious defects to start with. I have been told that "Factory Reconditioned" is as good as new.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Mornin Princess,

Iam glad you posted this, an expresso maker with milk steamer is on my Christmas wish list.

Would you please post the model # of this William's Sonoma item? I was intrigued by your comments that you had tried other brands and had little satisfaction. I might have to be very specific with Santa, about this particular 'toy'.

Thanks,

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit