Not Fair

by myself 21 Replies latest jw friends

• noidea
    noidea

Hugs to everyone for your concern. You all are very wonderful people. The support here on the board has always been so helpful and appreciated.

Mulan...

I agree with that about the Chemo treatments. It depends on the type of cancer and the stages the person has. I know in our mother's case that her type is one of the most aggressive, painful and hard to treat types..Chemo usually doesn't help much. She is already in stage 3.
    The DR's find pancreas cancer hard to study because people that have it don't last long. If surgery were a possibility then it would have been better but it has already spread to some main arteries around the pancreas so surgery can't be done.
    She is going to try the Chemo anyway but decided that she wanted to go home for a week first because the CO will be in town..*rolls eyes.
    She was diagnosed 3 weeks ago but one biopsy came back negative because it was of fluid and not tissue so now we will be one month into this before she even starts any kind of treatment.
    She should do with the remainder of her time enjoying what she wants to do and if going out in service and seeing the CO is what makes her happy then I wont argue that. She is well loved in her congregation and will have a lot of support while she is there.

Karla...

What you wrote was so touching...I can't believe you were inspired to write it by what I said..you are a much more eloquent writer and thinker then I am..you got all of that from me saying that "life was so f***ing unfair"..I'll let you be the speaker in the family..*Love ya

Edited by - noidea on 24 November 2002 18:33:53

• myself
    myself

LyinEyes, what an encouraging post. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Chance's will to live and your's and Wild Turkey's will for him to live is an inspiration, his life is truly a miracle. Chance, hope and a person's will make it much more possible.

(((((Cowboy))))) I can not tell you how very sorry I am to hear about your mother too. I will email you very soon.

Jesika, thank you for your best wishes. You too are an inspiration of hope and survival because of your own pain. When I started this thread, it was to vent and sort through some of my very mixed up feelings. We all need encouragement when we are hurting, and I hold dear this encouragement. Hugs to you too!

(((((Lilacs)))) I am sorry to know what your grandmother had to go through. I admire the thought that she didn't want your family to worry, but at the same time I am glad to know so we can be there for our mother so we can be as of much comfort to her as possible.

Prisca, thank you for the positive thoughts, it helps.

((((gold_morning)))), Thank you for the information about the tea. Mom has already started to drink it and she is awaiting chemo. I want to research it and learn as much as I can. Thank you also for the scriptures as well. I do not place any blame with God, I am on a new path in making the truth my own.

LovesDubs, I think and hope that they will find a cure too. They are making great strides. Attitude I think will take her a long ways. I think that attitude includes ours too. I am thankful it isn't without a chance to resolve some issues that we as a family need to face. Hugs to you too!

(((((DakotaRed))))) You are always there to comfort when it is needed, I value your friendship. You shouldn't hold any regrets on something you have no control over, you made an effort, however you can't force someone to reciprocate that endeaver. Your mother died knowing that you cared enough to show her love, and forgiveness, and that you wanted her to be at peace.

Mulan, Thank you for your info on the tea too. I vividly remember your thread when you lost your cousin. Paula has explained the extent of the cancer, surgery is not an option. My mother was terrified of the procedure and seemed relieved that it wasn't an option. I am hoping that the herbal treatments will ease as much of the discomfort as possible. I realize that getting our hopes up too much can cause for a big let down, but staying as positive as possible will do her the most good.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Paula)))))))))))))))))))))))) You don't give yourself enough credit. We have a lot to express. Now lets make some plans to throw a heavy ball and knock down some pins before the urge to break something gets the better of me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit