Things that go bump in the night

by BB 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hey BB!!

Thanks for the kind thoughts!! My outlook express corrupted. So I lost my address

Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Take care,

love,

Cassi

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

BB - that must have been scary for the missus - hopefully she did not sustain any injuries (although the heart in the throat can be painful enough as it is).

We have the same problem in michigan - too many cars & deers trying to use the same roads.

(BB & Mrs. BB)

Rhonda

• BB
    BB

Hey, Ronda!

Thanks for the concern but not to worry, everyone is okay.

Michigan, huh? The last time I flew to Detroit was on a corporate trip to visit Kmarts corporate headquarters on the morning of September 11, 2001. They closed the airport right after we landed at about 9:30 AM that morning.

Long story short, I ended up renting a Mustang and driving back to Wisconsin the next day.

Im planning another trip to Michigan next month.

I hope you and s/o have a wonderful holiday!

BB

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

That's a very big problem here in Jersey, too, because a bunch of tree-huggers won't allow a hunt to thin the population...instead of a quick death, they prefer thousands of deer to starve to death....not to mention all of the people hurt/killed/inconvenienced by deer running in front of their cars..

ash

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    This means a lot more deer are running out onto the highway, or just peeking in your window late at night.

Well that's the first time I've heard of "Peeping Bambi's".

Maybe that's how Santa knows if you're naughty or nice.

Be sure to close your blinds before you take your clothes off. Don't want to make them horny.

Mike.

• Mary
    Mary

Here's something you might want to check out to help prevent deers or other animals running into your car at night:

http://deer-whistles.com/deer-whistles/

Edited by - Mary on 23 November 2002 21:13:58

• Shakita
    Shakita

Yes, here in NJ we have an exploding deer population.

A couple of years ago a deer bounced off the car in the lane opposite me and was thrown into my car! One minute we were looking at the cute little bambi's on the edge of the road, the next thing we knew, bang!, the deer slammed into the front driver's side of the car. It left a mess on the front wheel, hair and blood. That deer left large dents in the entire side of the car, from front to back! Needless to say, bambi was dead as a door nail! It took about 2 and 1/2 months to fix the damage, and lots of calls to the insurance company. Also, I had a high school French teacher who was killed by hitting a deer at night when it went right through the windshield of her car. Awful freak accident and so sad!

I'm glad that you guys are ok. I know in this area there is alot of talk of getting the deer population under control using birth control pills. Something has to be done.

Mrs. Shakita

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Ditto Ohio. My wife's a police scanner enthusiast and she says the number of car-deer collisions is up this year. IIRC the limit on deer allowed killed during this year's hunting season had been raised...apparently not enough.

Edited by - Kingpawn on 24 November 2002 3:27:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit