Dr Applewhite and Conti's case

by Viva la Vida 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

This is from Conti's appeal veredict:

Monica Applewhite, a clinical social worker and an expert on child sexual abuse, testified for defendants that Watchtower’s policy against “disclosing private information . . . very closely mirror[ed]” the codes of ethics of the National Association of Social Workers and the American Counseling Association. Based on her review of the evidence, Applewhite opined that the Congregation never put Kendrick “into a position that required or allowed him to be alone with children, to be in supervision of children, [or] to spend time with children away from their families.” Because the church’s activities did not separate children from their parents, Appelwhite opined that its best means of protecting children was to educate parents about child sexual abuse, and it exceeded the standard of care for such education in the 1990’s. According to Applewhite, the elders met the standard of care in Kendrick’s case when they left it up to Evelyn and her daughter whether to tell the police about the abuse he admitted, and “they kept a special watch on him and paid attention to whether or not he had any inappropriate contact with children within the meetings at Kingdom Hall.”

• Londo111
    Londo111
    She says what she gets paid to say...
  • freddo
    freddo

@Viva la Vida

Can that gem of information be passed to the Royal Commission for Mr. Stewart or Mr. McClellan's consideration?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Viva la Vida
    This is from Conti's appeal veredict:
    .....Appelwhite opined that its best means of protecting children was to educate parents about child sexual abuse, and it exceeded the standard of care for such education in the 1990’s.

Today she tried to go the same way - also the JW lawyer in the end.

BUT the commission made clear, that it's not a competition and not a question, who was better. The point is, what is wrong in the JW procedure and what has to be changed.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

You could email it straight to the Royal Commission web site. You could all do something like that. In a respectful manner of course. There is a great need to show "less anger or outrage" than is allowed between discussions here.

Just send a bulk set of signatures and say you are "concerned" about this woman. Also, you could let the commission know that you are concerned about the use of Theocratic Warfare ie lying that is supported when JWs decide it's getting too hard.

Actually, you have started a great idea. If you members sent a signed petition via electronic means..........to Australian Royal Commission, attention to Stewart or His Honour. It would be a powerful message of concern. Think about it, but not for too long. Perhaps, I should start a thread. I am in Australia and to some degree, am involved in this commission.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Umberto: a signed petition would be a great idea.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I think we should just wait on jehovah.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm still blown away by the fact that the WTBTS hires a Catholic to defend them in cases of pedophilia.

Seriously, how F'd up is that?? The one true religion, led by the Brothers of Jesus, can't find anyone within the faith to help them. They also can't show up themselves.

You would think that the GB would be the greatest witnesses for truth in these cases. Instead, they hide like cowards and hire Babylon's whores to help them decieve the Superior Authorities!

WOW.......

DD

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    datadog: I'm still blown away by the fact that the WTBTS hires a Catholic to defend them in cases of pedophilia.

Me too! And I am blown away that someone from the Catholic Church appears to be untroubled or ignorant of the vitriolic attacks that the JWs have mounted against the Catholic Church in the past.

Applewhite claims to have done a study of the WTS literature but she must not have read this:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011041

Watchtower 2011 1/15

On the other hand, Christendom deserves the coming destruction for contributing to the spiritual illiteracy common among churchgoers and for its manifest hatred of God’s name. In the Middle Ages, God’s personal name was rather widely known in Europe. That name, represented by four Hebrew letters called the Tetragrammaton and commonly transliterated YHWH (or JHVH), appeared on coins, on facades of houses, in many books and Bibles, and even in some Catholic and Protestant churches. However, the trend in recent times is to eliminate the name of God from Bible translations and from other uses. One indication of this is the Letter to the Bishops’ Conferences on ‘the Name of God,’ dated June 29, 2008, issued by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. In it the Roman Catholic Church advised that the Tetragrammaton in its various renderings should be replaced by “Lord.” The Vatican instructed that God’s personal name should not be used or pronounced in hymns and prayers during Catholic religious services. And the leaders of other religions inside and outside of Christendom have also hidden the identity of the true God from millions upon millions of worshippers.

I am not sure how to process the hypocrisy of what is playing out in the WTS' use of a Catholic "expert". It it wasn't so funny, it is actually pretty sick. And, after the JWs have attacked the Catholic Church so strongly about their sex abuse poilcies. Is there not a WT article about the Catholic Church and sex abuse?

*I have had the song by Frank Zappa - Catholic Girls - playing in my head all day! ...it is so bad...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What a prostitute, she's willing to take money and then say what ever the GB want her to say all the while the organization she's defending views her as a Catholic zombie just waiting to be destroyed at Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit