Any advice what to do?

by cecil 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

That's OK, Wick - you just follow thru!

"I get too depressed to pray/go out in service/ get to the meetings"

Just keep at it and they'll give up quietly.

It works!

metatron

• cecil
    cecil

Sorry for being late with my update on what happened when the co and one of the local elders visited us!

This is what happened: After 5-10 min. of the usual intro (house, jobs) they got to the "case": Why did we stop attending meetings 14 months ago and became inactive? What can be done to get us back? We answered: Why would we want to come back, when elders (who officially tell us that they "oh so much miss us" in private conversations with others in the congregation and the circuit warn against us as apostates and dangerous elements?

We talked back and forth for some 30 minutes and then came the clue: If we were willing to forgive those who may have said something unfortunate about us, the co was sure that they would welcome us back in the hall (and of course they mentioned how good an oportunity it would be to visit the hallthe next day, when the co was stil there)... That made my wife say: Sorry, but we will not come back. At least not for the time being... We need time to find ourselves after the things that have happened.

We expected some kind of interrogation reg. the letter I have written to the branch office. But they disappointed us: It seemed as if they only had come to encourage us to come back. Maybe this interrogation is going to come the next time they invite themselves for a coffee-talk.

For now it seems as if they can live with what we told them - we don't want to cause problems and right now we just want to be left alone. Let's hope it works. Thank you for the many comments we git when I asked for some advice last friday!

/cecil

• Mulan
    Mulan

We were so happy to get your email about the dreaded CO visit. Glad it all turned out so well and that we shared a small part in your success. Let's keep them guessing!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

My two cents worth....I would tell them- You would like to have time to really examine the Bible with out any help.You dont want to be DF or DA & since you know Jehovah told you to examine your beliefs-you would like at least a few months to do that.

Running away from them Is really not the answer.They will continue to hunt you down. If you have family members in there - If you throw them out-Your a dead duck & None of the family will speak to you again..

Can you image this is a FREE country-- & we hide from MEN!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit