VENT about JWs!

by Sirona 19 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Many on the board may disagree with me about this, but shunning is often a natural and understandable behaviour - however, it's just another thing that's been twisted by the wts to their own ends, making into something wicked.

As Paul points out, if someone announces themself to be holy while making themself really otherwise - avoid them.

That's why you're hiding - that's shunning - at a level that's natural - because they are seeking you for harmful things, even though they've convinced themselves that it's right - that's the blindness - see the story of Jesus and the pharisees.

paduan

• Wren
    Wren

The JW attitude described in this thread reminds me of the comic routine.

JW's at the door with sermon offering the paradise. Comedian has a wide eyed reply of "Who would want to live forever with a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses!"

How true.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi! SIRONA,When they tell you that Jehovah made you get Cancer because you left.Asked them who was it that gave N.H.KNORR cancer, actually a (BRAIN TUMOR).He being one of the Anointed and President of the Society.So maybe you are in good company and your going to Heaven,like N.H.KNORR.Let me also tell you that my sister died when she was just 28 yrs old from Cancer and studying with the Witnesses at the time.My Mom also died from Cancer in my arms in the Hospital.So when they make heartless remarks like that about the source of how one gets Cancer ask the one question about N.H.KNORR and then just walk away.Blueblades

• Sirona
    Sirona

Witchchild: You are right, they are jerks and I'm sick and tired of dealing with it. I've started to avoid a JW family member now just because I'm sick of getting upset over their crap!

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Shutterbug: actually I hadn't thought of it that way. The person who said to me that I should go to the hall to solve my problems is actually quite messed up herself! I think I might use that tactic next time.....like "oh so it solved all YOUR problems...didn't it!?"

Out4Good: You seem to be doing well ;) Actually, I find it really sad that we are forced to act this way just to get some PEACE.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wing Commander: I agree completely! Their HIGH AND MIGHTY attitude does p*ss me off!

Chakka Conned (love the name!): I don't think we should encourage them to give their non-jw family jip....I have JW family!!

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Purple V - Good One. Lets see who is laughing then eh?

Elsewhere!! I'm gonna print that out and put it up to the face of any "advice giving" JW!

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Rocky:

Most JWs don't have a pension, purple is right.

Paduan:

That's why you're hiding - that's shunning - at a level that's natural - because they are seeking you for harmful things, even though they've convinced themselves that it's right - that's the blindness - see the story of Jesus and the pharisees.

Yes, thats insightful. Thanks.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wren: yeah I started to wonder why I'd want to live forever with JWs aswell! lol.

Blueblades: sorry to hear about your loss - I'm all clear right now (thank goddess). They don't SAY it but I think that they hint that I'd be OK if I went back there.....poppycock!

Sirona

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

HI Sirona,

Just wanted to clarify what I said. I definetely don't think that JW's should razz their inactive/DFed relatives. When they stop by for one of their little visits and start trying to pry into my inactivity *problem*, I politely and casually ask them about their inactive/df relatives as sort of a "conversation stopper". I do this merely to take the attention off of me and to make them realize that perhaps, they needn't be so concerned with me.....they have other things closer to home that they can worry about if they want to worry. If they haven't been successful in reeling their relatives back in, whom they love and have nurtured in the cult, why are they wasting time trying to shame me back in..someone they don't really care about? It just sort of forces them to answer and think about something they don't want to and sometimes puts them on the defense like they do to other's when they make their unsolicited guilt trip vists. When they stop by, they do so from a position of superiority so when they are asked a few little personal questions, it seems to humble them abit. It's a small diversionary tactic, that's all. I don't think my asking about their relatives makes them go and hassle them and that certainly isn't my intention. Heck, I'm on the relatives side!

Thanks for your posts and the opportunity to rant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit