What do you live for?

by YoursChelbie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I have been wondering,

Before, while in the Borg, many of us were under intense indoctrination of ideas like; "live for God", "look to the New System were everything will be perfect.."

etc. etc. etc. --Not in those very words but you know what I mean...

Now having escaped the overbearing, mind control of the cult-- What do you live for?

Do you live your life with a certain aim or a goal in your mind or in your heart?

Thanks,

YoursChelbie

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 21 November 2002 23:4:1

• kelpie
    kelpie

I live to be happy with my man and my 3 stepchildren

I live to wake up every morning happy and contented knowing that I am living my life the way I want to live it. And having the best possible life I can have..

Kelps (remember.. laughter is the best medicine)

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I'm going back to the basics.

While in the WT Society, I never learned how to "LOVE" God. Always had a morbid fear of Him. (You know, I was always taught by the JW's that Jehovah is a God of apprehension, punishment, execution, judgment and death). Now I'm getting out of the ORG and making my quest in life to learn how to "LOVE" God entirely (Mark 12:30) . This time with the right motives!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• alfie
    alfie

My grandkids. They are my greatest source of joy and peace. They are my inspiration. They are the future and I hope the world will be a better place for them and because of them.

alfie

• jurs
    jurs

At first I was going to write that I mainly live for my kids but I don't think thats entirely accurate. I just want to LIVE!! Everyday its something different. It might be xmas shopping or watching my daughters basketball game. I have no noble reasons or a cause to live for and thats just the way I want it, for now anyway.

jurs

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi Kelpie, I also hope to be able to one day live with a person who will be like a best-friend, confidant, and life companion. Well....that would make life worthwhile even when we reach --inevitably--old age.

Speaking of which, saving for my kids college and seeing them turn out to be happy, healthy adults.

That would be my other goal in life...

YoursChelbie

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 21 November 2002 23:12:35

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

I live for feeling my partner's hand in mine when I go to sleep at night.

I live for watching my nieces and nephew grow into the spectacular people the each are.

I live for my two dogs, even when they ravage the garbage, and steal the butter off the table.

And I live for me, because each day I am taking one more day back that was stolen by the WTS, and years of sexual abuse.

~asortafairytale~

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey YoursChelby,Many of us have had alot of our years stolen away by a mindless cult,the worst are the kids who were raised in it and had to find they`re way out.Once your out you have to figure out how the world really works and find your spot in it.You have to literally make a new life for yourself.I have done all that. The lies and misinformation the WBTS would like to bear on it`s own members,no longer affects the person who see`s it for what it is ..Bullshit!..I am now perfectly happy enjoying the company of my friends and family.Now theres Birthdays/Christmas/Hallaween/R-rated movies(LOL!)ect..I am living my life,not wasting it at a kingdom hall listening to the same tired,old information over and over,only to have someone come up with new light a few years down the road,when it`s covenient for the WBTS to change thier mind.Or going from door to door threating the lives of people if they don`t join my religion..What a waste of life..I can now enjoy every moment of life..At this moment I am in a beautiful log cabin,looking out my window,20 ft from the lake shore,in the wilderness of the Great White North,sipping on a Molson,talking to my friends at JW.com..Life is good!..LOL...OUTLAW

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

People.

We're all we have. There are no past lives, or hereafters, or better yet no proof of either. Only people that matter now and who can make a difference in our lives and that we can make a difference in theirs.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Perhaps the question should be "WHO do you live for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit