Missing my granddaughter

by Nancy K 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

(((((((((((((((((((Nancy))))))))))))))))))))))))

I agree with the others about going to court about it, but you get yourself well first k?

• Nancy K
    Nancy K

Thank you also, Jesika, for your thoughts and for caring..You are a young, beautiful woman like my own daughter! I hope that someday she will come to her senses, and I agree that I need to feel and get well before I take this to court..If I am not well, I will be no good to anybody...Write anytime, I'm glad you are happy now..Peace to you and your family..Be well! Nancy

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I don't know what to say, that will help you, I'm kind of going through the same thing with my step son, I haven't seen him in over a year. He doesn't know his biological father, and only knows me as daddy. He's now 10, and he's known me since he was 16 months old. My ex-wife uses him to get at me, and she has done this one and off over the years, but I have no rights in this state, even though he's been taken away from her, by CPS on many ocassions for abuse, I've witnessed her abuse him, and this last time, was because of her current boyfriend, who is a convicted sex offender. CPS did background checks on me and all the stuff, and he was telling them he wanted to be with me, but they said they can't legally do that, because I'm not the biological parent. She dangles a carrot in front of me, anytime she wants something, it makes me really sad, and I still deal with it day to day, some days are worse than others. My whole family loves him. He even went on vacation with me last year. I don't know if I'll ever get to see him again. I hope she comes around, this is so bad to do to a child.

Wishing you peace and happiness.

Charlie

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 21 November 2002 17:28:56

• breeze
    breeze

Nancyk....

I wish that there was something I could do for you. I don't know the feeling of being isolated from my grandchildren, I can only imagine?

I don't know what they think you would do to this child? I am certain that you are interested in it's best interest also. Maybe a letter that appeals to them and assures them that you would not discuss your feelings about the ORG.

If they are trying to just hurt you, I feel that they will get their payback?

This is a terrible sad world that we live in?

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

((((((((((((((nancyk))))))))))))))

i'm so sorry you're going through this. please PLEASE concentrate on getting yourself well; then PLEASE PLEASE consult with an attorney. and make sure you select an attorney that's BOARD CERTIFIED in family law. If there is no one else in your family that may assist in the situation by talking to your daughter, or perhaps arranging a neutral visiting location so that you may see your grandbaby...then your only remaining recourse will be the legal system. Your granddaughter will be greatful you made this move to save your relationship.

I hope and pray things work out. my best wishes for you and your grandbaby.

Edited by - nativenyr23 on 21 November 2002 23:19:41

• kelpie
    kelpie

Nancy

My heart goes out for you. My parents are also refusing to let me see my neice who I raised until she was six months old and had her plenty of times after that!

She also cannot understand why she cant come and see "auntie". It is heartless and cold and it the children that suffer the most... that is what makes me mad..

but i agree.. sue for visitation rights.. Even threatening it would get you to see your granddaughter because if it went to court it would bring "repoach on Jehovah's name" and the elders wouldnt like that one bit!

I am considering doing the same with my neice.

Kelps who wishes she was there to give you a big hug

• Nancy K
    Nancy K

Thank you for your post and thoughts...My daughter lived with me the whole 9 months of her pregnancy, I was in the delivery room when Chloe was born, then they lived with me for over a year because my daughter ended up not marrying Chloe's father...I helped my daughter as much as I could, to finish school, start college and babysat when I got home from work, etc. I threw her a very nice baby shower at a restaurant all because I love them unconditionally..This entire period of time I was no longer in the org., then later on my daughter got baptized, but we still saw each other several times a week, I watched Chloe as much as I could, which is all why I am so close to Chloe..As a mother, you don't do these things for a 'pat' on the back! You do them out of love...Now for her to start saying, well we can't be 'close' anymore, and I don't like your lifestyle? What lifestyle? I rarely go out(my illness), I wear nice clothes, nothing 'provocative', I am who I've always been..Well, it hurts alot. It makes me feel like a witch or some wierdo, that would 'do' something to my grandchild! And here I am worrying that Chloe is around a number of pedophiles, and is at high risk of being molested..She is a gorgeous little girl, with long blonde hair and extremely friendly and out-going, trusting personality..I pray every night and day that she will be safe..Well, thank you so much, again..I wish you good health, happiness and peace. Nancy

• Nancy K
    Nancy K

Dear Robyn, Thank you also for your feedback!...Thankfully, my husband is an attorney..He is just waiting for me to give him the 'OK' to get 'the ball rolling' as you said..I have been hesitant, #1 I physically couldn't handle the stress this past year, as I had surgery, have been in a lot of pain with my illness and i am trying to get to a more tolerable plateau with my health #2 I don't want this to hurt Chloe (stress-wise) #3 I have been afraid to take 'them' on...Praying constantly for Chloe and Ethan(my grandson), I don't even know him..My husband and I bought Ethan a beautiful crib and bedding, etc., a few months after his birth and had them sent to my daughter and her husband...They sent a card and thanked us..But I still haven't seen him either..It dosen't 'hurt' as much with Ethan, because I don't 'know' him yet, like I was so close to Chloe for 4 years..But I tried calling , writing to ask if Chloe could come stay during the summer, invited all of them to come stay, but she refuses. Well, this is not an easy situation, but if nothing changes, soon, I will take them to court. Thank you again, you and all the other kind people I've written to and 'chatted' with have helped me tremendously in 1 day!!! I am so-ooo grateful!! I came on to this site yesterday for the 1st time!! Be well, Nancy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit