Head Coverings as a Sign of Submission

by jgnat 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

JT It seems from my informal poll that people will do the most silly things, and be comfortable with it, if it fits with what they believe.

Blondie and Elsewhere, if I recall, the disciples asked Jesus HOW to pray, not WHO could pray. Jesus did not mention dishrags, either. My JW honey has a pathetically weak prayer life for someone supposedly dedicated to Jehovah. He does not like praying aloud. He is hesitant and fearful of sounding silly. That hesitancy to pray is about as bad as a worldly person. Is this typical?

Thanks, SYN. are you the boards token male feminist?

California Sunshine - I wonder if head covering would be more accepted if it were a recognizable item of clothing, like the Jewish boys wear. They seem to understand that whipping out the old covering in front of the uninitiated is more a distraction than a symbol of reverence.

SPAZnik - What do head coverings have to do with politics?

Mouthy ROTFL. Maybe a little levity will help a lurker or two see themselves a little more honestly.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Mouthy,you always seem to have the best stories......bread on the head?that is the best!!!!!

I'm with sunny,they can stick all those coverings where the sun don't shine!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit