Head Coverings as a Sign of Submission

by jgnat 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

jgnat,

Sounds like fun. I'll send you an e mail. Kinda funny, two non- JWs having the first Edmonton apostafest.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Hum it must of been before you came in then.. we were joking. An I said, " Well why not moon the K.H. ? I am sure as long as we wear head coverings the Elders wouldn't mind. " or something close to that..don't remember exact wording.

I think it would definately make it clear what we think of the head covering issues.

(_)x) X marks the spot. < as the car drives by... the elders are shocked by the bareness of it all. Along with the sassy slogans written on all the tan lines and whiteness.

X.

Edited by - xandria on 20 November 2002 19:31:42

• JT
    JT
    There were times I wore a head covering. I did not feel humiliated. At the time I thought it was what God required so it was fine with me.

great post, like so many other things we just did it cause we sincerely believeed it was THE WILL OF JEHOVAH

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie - I am curious about your avoidance technique. Did you run out of the room when an Elder showed up?

Jgnat

I meant I avoid having to wear headcoverings by:

1. Always make sure some other sister does it at meetings for field service (I am adamant)

2. Always make sure the brother I take on a study is not on restrictions and conducts the study and gives the prayers

I have rarely had to wear a headcovering in the 50 years I have been a JW because I adhere to the above.

Using the scriptures, I am more than happy to tactfully adjust any brother who says women are inferior or weak.

I can fix cars and embroider, I can do lawn work and cook, I can race motorcycles and diaper a baby (but not at the same time), I can rewire a house, fix a plugged sink, build a house, clean a house. I hope the pattern is clear. I have broad training and was taught that being a woman was not a barrier unless I made it one.

Not at the KH, but in my secular work, I have given many public talks, trained people in seminars, and counseled people.

I'm sure I am not unique among women. Having escaped my family of abuse, I am not likely to allow additional abuse into my under the guise of scriptural guidance. I just keep asking, show me the scriptures, brothers.

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Great reply, Blondie. I like how you stick to your guns with confidence. Xandria, thanks for clearing that up. Country Girl, I am glad you had your say (to a bigger audience this time).

Edited by - jgnat on 20 November 2002 23:8:51

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

2. Always make sure the brother I take on a study is not on restrictions and conducts the study and gives the prayers

Amazing... the WTS actually presumes to control whether or not a person can pray.

• SYN
    SYN

Y'all can just call me the Head Coverings Guy!

Nice writeup JGNat...

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Humiliating and degrading........

Yeah, that pretty much describes the whole JW experience for any woman (some are just to blind to see)

IMO they can take their napkins and dish rags and shove um where the sun don't shine!

Sunny

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Politics Schmolitics.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I explained it chat -when we were dicussing this.I used to put a tea cosy on my head in front of my hubby( not a JW) he would sit & laugh & say "you stupid bugger" ( Hey if your up there Frank you were right) But when I had a study with one woman - she said "My sister is a JW & you pray with bread on your head dont you"? I explained NOT!

But years later her Father died & I went to the funeral met the "sister" who prayed with bread on the head- I asked why she does this.

She went VERY RED!!! " Oh no! "she said -" I had all the family over for supper 3 fleshly brothers 2 fleshly sisters.& they knew I pray -so they said Pray for us girl, When they all lowered there heads

I put a slice of bread ( the nearest thing) on my head & prayed ....I guess someone peeked...."

"Oh the gift that God has give us -to see ourselves as others see us"

We are now receiving that gift guys..........I can visulize God having a real Guffaw at our submission......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit