Asperger's Syndrome

by Mulan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It looks better than what I had for lunch today.

W

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Back to topic please.

• mustang
    mustang

Still reading, but look into PDDNOS, also.

Mustang

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

On the TV program,"Boston Legal", one of the characters on that show has asperger's syndrome, he's the one that hops around instead of walking and always goes around with his palms glued to his lap, among other symptoms that he displays. I like him and, sorry, he makes me laugh. Of course, all those nutty lawyers make me laugh (lawyers on "Boston Legal").

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

while going through therapy, my therapist mentioned some of my habits and traits. Asked about my childhood. I displayed alot of the symptoms of a highly functional person with Asperger's Syndrome. One of triggers was when I mentioned that I developed Social skills very late in life. I survived social settings mostly by mimicking behavior of others around me. My math skills and ability to recall factoids cracks my wife up on occasion. I do admit to overly focus sometimes on something to the point of obsession.

My nephew who is now 30 went through alot of what I did growing up. Lots of awkward moments with classmates and with authority figures. His nephew, (my great nephew), is autistic. He speaks and communicates well but he does have many moments of frustration in his communication.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Damnit, I missed something cool :(

• wha happened?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit