Part true, part error.

by Yadirf 15 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

hmmm...Yadirf is secretly a freemasonof the ancient craft!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    no, yadirf believes satan created that particular star, .... -- dubla.

That's not exactly a true statement, dubla. I really don't see Satan as having "created" anything. I see him as having produced a phenomena. He simply produced a light ... a light that the Magi believed to be a "star". If inferior man can produce an artificial light (such as in the case of a simple flashlight) then should it come as any surprise that an angel such as Satan could accomplish the feat of making a light appear in some way ... a light that resembled a star?

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Yadirf,

Did the Magi view this phenomen as a star, or did they think that it was something else?

pseudo

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Yadirf,

Did the Magi view this phenomen as a star, or did they think that it was something else?

pseudo

Which part of my previous statement, as quoted below, was too difficult for your wee little mind to comprehend?

He simply produced a light ... a light that the Magi believed to be a "star".

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

SaintSatan

Are you saying that the druids believed the above? They believed in a satan devil? If not who believes that satan created the sun? I'm just a bit confused. Also, i unerstood that druidism was all verbally transmited, thus there are really no existing records of their beliefs that go back very far in time.

Sorry I didn't see your post addressing me .

1. Are you saying that the druids believed the above?

Actually I'm not saying that but all of the information so far that I have researched does suggest that. I have found many articles, books and reference material through various links on other ancient religions that have linked to Druidism leading back to the forests east of Mesopotamia. I've also scanned through a lot of books that have been authored by "modern day" Druids that deny quite a bit. And it's not surprising that they would. The "modern Druid sects are more openly advocates of "Nature" and use symbols as a representation of "Mother Earth" as "where we originate from and the respect we should have for earth. And the same goes for the sun, moon and stars and the planets as well. There is a belief in a "higher being" that rules the earth, sun, moon, stars and planets. It's basically a modified version of the ancient belief system except they (at least some of them) no longer refer to these as "gods" And they no longer "call it" worship.

You can find a lot of this by researching ancient Egypt.

If you only research current beliefs then you will find a lot of nothing about nothing. Many of the books more current read like a Mary Poppins fairy tail and are full of S**t. Not all of them but many of them. It is worth it to research several or as many as you can until you get burned out on it anyway.

2.They believed in a Satan devil?

Yes. I don't think he was referred to as "Satan the devil" but he was referred to and worshiped by his ancient name/names and I couldn't tell you what they all were right now without going through it all. I think the name/word "Satan" was introduced in the Christian era however the belief in his existence dates way before that time. There have been many names/words attached to the belief in his existence.

3. If not who believes that Satan created the sun?

If you were really into this stuff then I would recommend that you do more extensive research on "freemasonry" and search "outside" of anything written by an American author. The first founders of freemasonry in the US is a good place to start but start there and go "BACK" not forward. Begin in North Carolina where it first began to branch off into different sects and then retreat. You'll find that the origin of freemasonry began during the Christian era and why they are called or chose the name "freemason'

In ancient times before Druids went into hiding thats what many were, freemasons. They weren't called freemason, thats just what many of them were. As in builders. Druids would no longer openly call themselves "Druids" for fear of persecution, they became a secret society and adopted the name "freemason' over time.

There are various speculations depending on who and what you are reading from but the one thing that is undeniable is there is a definite connection between the ancient crafts of Druidism and at least ONE sect of freemasonry. And both believe in Lucifer as the giver of light or the father of the sun.

4. Also, I understood that Druidism was all verbally transmitted, thus there are really no existing records of their beliefs that go back very far in time.

There are several sects in existence today that are offshoots of Druidism. The story will change regarding origins with each of them. IMHO, they probably know less about their own origin then anybody. So, if you want to learn about Druidism, don't ask a Druid.

Much of what I have found has been in the form of visuals carvings signs and ancient practices of a civilization of people that have followed a pattern throughout history, kind of like following a trail. There will always be things left behind regardless if it is written down in a book or not. All of the religions in existence today came from fewer religions that were in existence in ancient times. Some or a few have managed to preserve more then others and others just adopted different beliefs.

plum

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Yadirf,

Which part of my previous statement, as quoted below, was too difficult for your wee little mind to comprehend?

Even my wee little mind can comprehend that astrologers would have known that the phenomena described in Matthew 2:9 couldn't be a star.

Matthew 2:9 When they had heard the king, they went their way: and look! the star they had seen [when they were] in the east went ahead of them, until it came to a stop above where the young child was.

Nobody in his right mind would go off chasing a star. Astrologers would have definitely known better.

First of all I doubt very seriously that the Astrologers immediately packed their bags and left for Jerusalem at the first sighting of the phenomena.

Matthew 2:1 After Jesus had been born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, look! astrologers from eastern parts came to Jerusalem. 2. saying: "Where is the one born king of the Jews? For we saw his star [when we were] in the east. and we have come to do him obeisance."

The first mention of it's sighting does not suggest that it indicated the direction of Jesus, rather the astrologers had seen it and interpreted it to mean that the "king of the Jews" had been born. At this point, they would have certainly believed it to be a star. They probably spent some time observing it and trying to decipher it's meaning. Astrologers would not just take off chasing a star in the west upon first observing it. They would have known that a star in the western sky would set and be out of sight within a few hours. They would have also known that a star could not be followed to a specific location. Just like the sun and moon stars travel across the sky from east to west through out the night. They can not be used to identify specific locations upon earth.

Matthew 2:7 Then Herod secretly summoned the astrologers and carefully ascertained from them the time of the star's appearing; 8. and, when sending them to Bethlehem , he said: "Go make a careful search for the young child, and when YOU have found it report back to me. that I too may go and do it obeisance."

In verse 2:7, Herod wants to know when they had first seen the star, so he can find out how old Jesus is. Later in verse 2:16 he sets out to kill all the boys in Bethlehem who are two and younger (a myth for another discussion). This demonstrates that the astrologers had been observing the star for about two years now.

Now the strange part. Matthew 2:9

Matthew 2:9 When they had heard the king, they went their way: and look! the star they had seen [when they were] in the east went ahead of them, until it came to a stop above where the young child was.

The astrologers already knew Jesus was in Bethlehem. They had already been told by Herod. They were not following a star. After about two years of observing this star, suddenly here it is ahead of them, and it comes to a stop above where the young child was. This is Bullsh*t in its purest form. Why would they think that this was a star? For that matter why would they think that this was the same star that they had observed for two years? Most stars look very similar. The only way to tell them apart in most cases is from their position relative to other stars. If a star appeared ahead of them and came to a stop above where the young child was, any astrologer worth a sh*t would turn around and run as fast as he could in the opposite direction.

The only thing that makes any sense from this myth, is that the writer of Matthew was so eager to prove that Jesus was the Christ, that he stooped to putting this little narrative together to fullfill Numbers 24:17. He also wanted to show how the astrologers could find the exact location of Jesus, while Herod could not.

Numbers 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not near. A star will certainly step forth out of Jacob, And a scepter will indeed rise out of Israel....
    pseudo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit