Contacted by Royal Commission today

by umbertoecho 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

Thank you umbertoecho. I admire your courage in the face of intense emotions. Thank you for keeping us updated. Those of us in New Zealand are following this closely.

It is reassuring to know the Commission is so thorough and is focused on the extent to which specified groups follow - or are prepared to follow - best practise policies and procedures.

The Commission's ultimate report will be a valuable contribution on the state of child sexual abuse policies and procedures in various institutions, although my main interest will be in the Jehovah's Witnesses who, for so long, have hidden behind archaic policies promulgated by the male-dominated leadership in the USA.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I don't know you personally umbertoecho but I am so proud of you. Your posts have brought tears to my eyes.

If I was in your shoes I don't know that I could muster up the same courage and risk so much. You are a hero and so are the rest of the individuals who risk everything in telling their personal stories.

Bravo!!!!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    umbertoecho, it sounds like the Royal Commission is doing absolutely everything to support you, listen to you and maintain confidentiality. This is what the elders are supposed to do and abysmally fail to do. As others have said, you are so very courageous. I am sorry that you are exhausted and depleted. I wish you peace and happiness.
  • maksutov
    maksutov
    Kudos, and good luck, umbertoecho.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Data Dog. That's a good idea..

.I made sure to let her know of how JWs of the higher and lower rank use the good old Theocratic Warfare method of lying. Even that title for lying is incredibly vain and presumptuous of the society.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dear Umberto: Your courage is impressive. You have the whole exjw community behind you.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Umbertotecho... you are our hero!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Might also want to ask someone on the RC to ring the Bethel headquarters, pretending to be a concerned Brother or Sister. It's my understanding they're telling them the video is being tampered with. Yeah... live feed. Yet to hear of any technology that makes that possible.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Awesome insights on to what is going on behind what we can see. I appreciate your posts Umber very much.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Umbertoecho-Thank you for doing this. It is amazing that a 'worldly' group of people are willing to give a voice to those silenced by the GB. Wishing you the very best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit