Worldy Compassion & Generosity

by pettygrudger 13 Replies latest jw friends

• found
    found

Petty,

I can't even imagine what your coworker and his wife must be going thru! How tragic. I agree with Iwasyoungonce, please post the information so we can help too. All those who have given so generously already--bless thier loving hearts! The world needs more folks like that.

(sorry about keeping you up so late!)

Found

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

found/iwasyoung - if you do want to donate (although it is ENTIRELY unnecessary, just email me @ [email protected] - i'll forward the details). As of today, $30,000.00 has been donated (covering all funeral expenses) and our company has just purchased a memorial bench at the Botanical gardens in the children's names. Such worldly ones - will their generosity never end?!!!!!

• Imbue
    Imbue

To be fair, there are many very generous JWs. I know one Bethelite that was given a brand new car from a complete stranger. Then another instance where an Elder paid for a single mother's roof on her trailer. I know of many times the JWs have come through with what they could for someone in need. It's just not done in an organized fashion and the WT organization doesn't practice the social gospel. However, many individual JWs are very generous with their time and money to those in need. Just because a trumpet isn't blown after each generous act, it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Imbue, this may be true in an individual case by case, person by person basis, but you would rarely/never find a case where the elders would allow a JW to collect money / request help for another JW at the KH. Much less would the KH/WTBTS actually start/sponser a fundraising event for someone. Nor would any of this aid ever reach non-JWs. Jut to put things in perspective...

And in the rare cases where they do provide some sort of disater relief they do indeed blow their trumpet loudly in the papers, and JWs bragging about it to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit