Danger when pumping gas

by xenawarrior 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I had a car once that, now that I think about it, would have been a prime candidate for frying my arse (and then who would you molest, XenaWarrior?). It was a Nissan, and I'm pretty sure it was possesed. I'm talking large, loud, PAINFUL static charges. I could see this happening with that car.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Six:

I can only be truly thankful that you don't have that vehicle any longer and that your arse is still fully intact

XW

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Never trust an manufactures spokesman six-- if its good enough for the Department of Defence, and many other safety agencies its good enough for me.

Cell phones in my opinion are highly unlikely to build a charge of any maginitude but Two way radios can and have blown up a few fueling installations, usually because of defective antenna grounds in the vehical.

Your Nissan shocked often?-- must be the nylon mix in those Japanese seats-my Honda could light you up too.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I have never seen anyone sit in their car while leaving the nossel in their car when they get gas. But as for static and electric shocks, I get them all the time...every time I touch metal I get a massive shock, I just hate it. Sometimes the shock is so bad it knocks me back...not off my feet, but I get a fairly big jolt up my arm and it goes right through me. I have no idea why this happens, one day I'm gonna light up like a Xmas tree.

~Beck~

• LB
    LB

In Oregon we aren't allowed to pump our own gas. Unless you ride a motorcycle or drive a vette. It's the law.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

When in the Army and part of the helicopter flight crew, we knew all too well the dangers of static electricity. When we landed for fuel, they wouldn't even think about it until all of us had walked away from the helicopter.

I can even remember coming home at night, after a boring day flying along the East German & Czechoslovakian border and trying to kiss the wife. At times, you could actually see the spark literally between us. After a while, I made sure I grounded myself before attempting a kiss.

Lew W

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think this thread is completely shocking.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

lmao

three cheers for cheap entertainment!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I've heard of the cell phone thing and I see people at gas stations pumping gas a yakky yakkin' on the cell all the time. I don't know if it's a hazard or not but it still pisssses me off when I see it. Geesh! I can talk, but I don't even have that much to say that I can't wait to pump gas first. I look at it like this. If you are paying for the min. to talk (an I am assuming most probably are one way or another if they talk THAT much) then that gas is costing a lot!

About the static thing, I never sit in my car while I pump gas, I hate getting out the first time, but I will for sure never do it after reading this thread.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Mobile phones transmit in microwaves and the truth is no one knows what possible affect they can have on electronic circuits such as the fuel pump.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit