Does the .Org have the gall to ignore the RC?

by Lemonp 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

I have been mulling over the options that the WT has to take in regard to child abuse.

In my mind there are the following ones:

1. Overhaul their entire system, and apologize to all abuse victims. (JW Broadcasting Special)

2. Change nothing apart from mandatory reporting, denounce "Apostate Lies"

3. Quietly change their worldwide system whilst denouncing "Apostate Lies"

4. Change their system ONLY in Australia, denounce "Apostate Lies"

5. Cut Australia loose as a lost cause, change nothing, get banned/fines, denounce "Apostate Lies" + "Persecution"

Honestly I am fearful that they will go with option 4 or 5.

The .Org NEVER admits to any wrongdoing. They have demonstrated extreme eagerness not to change at all. The PR in Australia surely cannot be salvaged, even with telling the R&F to close their eyes and block their ears.

What do you think they will do? Any other possible options you think I have missed?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Maybe they will just send out a new letter to the elders and tell them to proclaim a new policy: "In the case of any allegations of any abuse, call the police. Anyone who is convicted of a crime will be disfellow-ized!"

Marina

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Are you serious??

This current group of men, esp Tony Morris, would rather burn every building to the ground than apologize, or stop micromanaging their reputation.

BTW, Mr. Morris, how is that going for you?

• cattails
    cattails

They will outwardly comply with whatever they're required to, and internally the COs will come around directing how its really to be done.

It reminds me of the Bulgarian blood transfusion agreement, that was kept under wraps. I think they'll try to pull something similar.

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

So i think...

Iown Mylife has chosen Option 2

Pistoff Has predicted Option 4/5

cattails has gone for Option 4

Should we set up a betting pool fund?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    cattails: They will outwardly comply with whatever they're required to, and internally the COs will come around directing how its really to be done.

Then maybe it is time that the exJW community and concerned others, need to take a more proactive role in helping the victims. So much has been done so far by people like Barbara, but maybe it is time to offer some solutions that have a directed approach aimed at JW victims.

I am thinking of something someone had posted on an earlier thread about "help lines". Maybe a "JW victim help line" that can be accessed 24 hours a day - a mobile crisis unit that can send for immediate help and make appearances with the victims in their confrontations with elders. The victims need representation - they are entitled to legal counsel when they are forced to appear in judicial hearings. They need more than just moral support - they need legal support.

We have kids-help-lines here in Canada, I would like to see a kids help line that is aimed directly at JW victims. The JW elders have their help line all set up and functioning - they burn up the phone lines to the branch for legal advice. But, the victim has no "help line". We need to change that.

The WTS may very well ignore the findings of this hearing. The rest of the world doesn't have to.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is a very good idea Orphan Crow, but I don't know if anyone in the ex JW community has the expertise or ability to do that. Perhaps we in the ex JW community could work with organizations already in place to help them connect with victims.

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Cattails: They will outwardly comply with whatever they're required to, and internally the COs will come around directing how its really to be done.

They may do this but now we have so many "moles" that would get the official letters to CO's that could be forwarded to the Royal Commission and any other relevant government agency. I think that needs to be done now each and every time to show how the Org likes to thumb their noses at governmental authorities behind their backs.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    LisaRose: That is a very good idea Orphan Crow, but I don't know if anyone in the ex JW community has the expertise or ability to do that. Perhaps we in the ex JW community could work with organizations already in place to help them connect with victims.

Yes, there has already been some amazing work done to help JW victims. But maybe a help line that is specific to JWs would be benefical - manned by people who have the knowledge and expertise to handle the unique problems that JW victims face. The organizational structure is already in place - the JW focus just has to be strengthened and enlarged.

If the phone number/contact was put out in schools and places that a JW child could be exposed to it - it may offer an alternative place for a JW kid to report the abuse to - they wouldn't feel like the elders were the only place to go for help.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

LisaRose: That is a very good idea Orphan Crow, but I don't know if anyone in the ex JW community has the expertise or ability to do that.

That is a good idea! Although many of us ex JWs may not have the expertise and ability specific to advising JW children abuse victims, we all know the witnesses more than most of the professionals do. I and many others for example can tell what they are going to say before they open their mouths. Perhaps some kind of a melding of knowledge between the professionals and apostates could be as effective as the Australian Royal Commission has been thus far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit