What is the WORST job you ever had?

by gilwarrior 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I once worked for a horrible company that treated employees terribly. I even once had a disciplinary interview for being out on my day off (because something had gone wrong and the person on call had not been able to fix it).

I'm glad I was finally given the boot though it was painful at the time ... I had to take them to unfair dismissal to get compensation and the pay they owed me.

The worst part in situations like this is that you begin to think it maybe is something you have or haven't done that is the problem when the reality is you are doing a damn good job and they are lucky to have you. Some people just like being nasty to their employees.

• Mackin
    Mackin

Prisca: No I didn't get any broken bones thankfully.

Ozzie: Yes there is such a thing as Kiwi chimney sweeps. We have cold weather here, and rain. Remember rain? I know it's been a while since you guy's have seen it. LOL

Mackin. (of the glad to now be working in IT class.)

• neyank
    neyank

Worst job was when I worked for free placing, distributing and selling mags.
    for some publishing company that said that if I didn't do it that I was
    going to die real soon.
    Anytime now.

Talk about tough working conditions!

neyank

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ neyank - I love the way you phrased that!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I worked in a paper mill that was very male dominated, they had two of us girls crawl under rollers that had wet boards going across and pull up the scraps. oh if I knew of OSHA then.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Worst job: CSM. Unfortunately, I been put in that position again, so I'm real happy.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

When my children were small I looked for a job where I could work at night and be home with them in the daytime. I answered an ad for a Secretary in The New York Times and was hired after a brief interview with the owner who peppered me with compliments and saying that I would be perfect for this job. Luckily, the job was near my house so that I was only a short bus ride away from my children in case I was ever needed home.

I worked at this job for one night only. Here's way:

First of all the office was in a private home which in itself is not unusual. When I first interviewed the man explained to me that it was a very small business and that my duties would include typing and keeping files. He seemed very nice and very professional and I was happy to have gotten the job. When I reported to work that first night he took me down to the basement as he explained that the offices were down there. I thought nothing of it, just that there were lots of boxes and other things as an obstruction to the entrance. When we got down to the basement there was indeed an office there; a couple of desks, telephones and a switchboard. It seemed okay. He gave me some index cards to file and I started on that. Curiously, in the corner of the room was a switchboard along an entire wall and I wondered what that was for. That is until he walked over, put on a head set and started making calls. The calls were to men in hotels and to women telling them which hotel room the men were in. I was shocked! I wanted to get out of there but I was frozen in my chair. I was working for a call girl racket! A real live call girl racket in a quiet residential neighborhood, on a tree lined street. Anyway, to make a long story short, I finished my night, got paid, and explained to the boss why I was never coming back. The last thing he said to me was that I was making a mistake because he could see that I was good material for his profession.

• blondie
    blondie

Dutchie, how scary! That tops mine.

Blondie

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Construction with a crew of brothers and a brother boss. Horrible person he was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit