Kudos: for those of you who awakened with you significant others. You are so LUCKY!!!

by goingthruthemotions 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Same situation here. I think it falls into this same thing "if there was something horribly wrong with this religion would you want to know? and if you were told could you even tell"? as of right now I think my wife would not want to know. no matter what. So I feel for you. Read this, and also watch the young couple in the videos I posted in another recent thread. Although I do feel they are lucky, it gives me some happiness to see the ones that weren't alone.

https://medium.com/keep-learning-keep-growing/what-i-believe-to-be-true-and-how-i-have-come-to-believe-it-13df821c3ed

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My wife and kids faded with me, and we had it really easy compared to most of the stories I've read here.

I wouldn't wish the alternative on anyone.

Hell, I get bummed when relationships end for legitimate reasons.

• finally awake
    finally awake
    I know just how lucky I am. My husband stayed in for quite a while after he realized it was all a load of crap because my head was still firmly up my own rear end. He says he was afraid I would leave him. Then, when I had finally had enough of the nonsense, I had no idea he didn't want to be a dub, so I was afraid to tell him I was sick of it. So we both suffered in silence for a while before it all came to a head after a particulary nasty shepherding call. We all bailed out together, the kids were 12, 10, and 4, and we've never looked back. Life is good now.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

That is a good summation Oppostate:

adultery (putting other mates opionions ahead of your own, almost idolizing, right?)

3 throng cord: What gives WT the right to be in the middle? and they ARE, aren't they...

Perhaps asking a question, or making a statement that sounds as if you are talking to yourself, not directed at the significant other..... "I can't believe what is happening in Australia".... and not finishing the sentence for them... Or, "I wonder what would happen if the Royal Commission was in Britain? or Canada? or....." "I guess in these court hearings the Judge is really trying to help the children, and make it better for all victims of child abuse" and don't answer the question.... "Oh, never mind.... " "Well, the whole world is talking about it, I am sure it will be in the news soon"

Something that would make their brains ask: "What are they talking about?" and do a search for it themselves....

If your mate is a 'searcher', and likes to go through your computer history, leave the searches for "Royal Commission Australia" in the history? ;-)

• cognac
    cognac

Sorry you are going through that. I just went through that and the marriage completely crumbled.

After having been through it for 7 or 8 years, trying everything to make things right, it's a huge relief to move on. In fact, it's exciting.

For the first time, my whole world has opened up.

I do hope that you can figure out a way to make it work. However; please know that there is life on the other side. You will get through this and you can be very, very happy.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am sorry your wife chose the religion over you. Please don't give up, you may yet win her over. Keep treating her well, respect her, but keep reminding her that she is married to you, that means something in this religion, use that fact.

This is not a battle, but a war. Choose your words carefully, never speak badly of the organization, that will only cause the mind control to kick in. Ask questions to find out what she is thinking. Learn all you can about cult mind control, understanding how the Watchtower manipulates people will help you to counteract that manipulation.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My wife told me,"it's Jehovah, and if you don't come back we are finished".

Six months later she remarried a JW, so much for true love.

I must say for the last 20 years with my lady now, it have been wonderful.

It was the best thing for both of us (my ex JW wife and for me), she is happy (I think)

and I'm happy.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    Tornintwo - that tactic works the other way around, that is a hubby that has awoke trying to engage his wife. This is the approach I took for my wife. She hasn't woke up, but she sees how good of s husband I am and admits it was after my epiphany about "the truth" it happened. Now she defends me and even though I live "still in" I miss 50%+ meetings, never go in service and enjoy life with my family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit