Question for Brits

by Francois 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thank you Glitter, Dizzy and Christian Observer. I watched part of the Ali G movie but soon lost interest in it...not that I'm knocking the guy, he's probably really funny but I can't understand a word he says - his accent is too strong.

He sounds like our Guido Hatzis...except Guido doesn't use curse words, he just insults people....funny guy...my kind of humour...dry.

Apologies to Francois for highjacking.

~Beck~

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hello francois.

Here is a link to one of our moors,about 15 miles from where I live in the west of england.

Take care,

Rich.

http://www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk/

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

What is a Moor

A Moor can strectch for miles and miles and can be described as rolling hills.

Watch Wuthering Heights that will give you some idea of what a moor is.

Edited by - chachasmum on 18 November 2002 21:59:58

• Simon
    Simon

AliG is great but I think he should retire the chracter now. The other one he does, Borat (the Khazakstan reporter) is good too.

The way he embarrasses interviewee's is fantastic and the times he had 'official' police reps about drugs and weapons on is priceless.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The most famous moor is known as Dartmoor, the location of England's prison for infamous offenders.

The Sherlock Holmes mystery "The Hound of the Baskervilles" was set on Dartmoor.

Ozzie

• Mackin
    Mackin

On the barren Yorkshire moors in England, a hundred years ago, stood a house as bleak and desolate as the wastes around it. Only a stranger lost in a storm would have dared to knock at the door of Wuthering Heights.

Mr. Heathcliff, there's someone out there in the storm. It's a woman. I heard her calling. She said her name. It - Cathy, Cathy, that was it. Cathy? Oh, I must have been dreaming. Forgive me Mr. Heathcliff.

Get out of this room. Get out! Get out I tell you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit