Information Suckers

by Satanus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

While it has been fairly well established that the wt monitors this site, i believe that it is not the only body doing so. This site, and others like it, are open to anyone, anywhere in the world w an internet connection. All this is available, not just to individuals, but also to advertising adgencies, intelligence agencies, corporations, etc. While many have released their true identities and other personal info, we should nevertheless be aware that nothing posted here is private, forevermore. If the above named groups use the info, is unknown, but i think that they attempt to monitor, at the least, strategic discussion groups just to keeps their eyes on which way the winds in our societies are blowing. This monitoring helps them to stay on top of societal developements, which in turn enables corporte bodies to stay competitive and profitable, govts to keep control, spotting anything they consider threatening to their interests. As 'homeland security' issues grow, old discussion boards may even be mined for info that becomes pertinent. Therefore, i believe we should use caution when responding to threads such as minimus' numerous question threads.

My assessment and prediction could be out of wack. Feel free to voice your opinions on this matter.

SS

• Perry
    Perry

If the above named groups use the info, is unknown, but i think that they attempt to monitor, at the least, strategic discussion groups just to keeps their eyes on which way the winds in our societies are blowing. This monitoring helps them to stay on top of societal developements, which in turn enables corporte bodies to stay competitive and profitable, govts to keep control, spotting anything they consider threatening to their interests.

Satan,

I'm in complete agreement. Eyes are everywhere. Big Brother is watching. The Wt is taking notes. It is only a matter of time before the pop up menu demons hack our computers and try to sell us anti-pop up software protection for a problem they created!

Paranoia is but an illusion of the disenfranchised.

Edited by - Perry on 17 November 2002 20:2:5

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perry

The matching expression is, just because a person is paranoid, doesn't mean there isn't reason for concern.

I guess because i am often sarcastic, i therefore sometimes think others are being sarcastic, when they aren't. Sorry.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 17 November 2002 21:50:54

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

It is only a matter of time before the pop up menu demons hack our computers and try to sell us anti-pop up software protection for a problem they created!

Yeah, I just love it when I get spam from some company trying to sell me something that's supposed to stop spam. Amazingly enough, I never buy it...........

As for the WT monitoring what I may say, good. Let'em. I hope they read every single word I say about them so they'll know how much I hate them. I hope they pass on all my comments about people I knew. It saves me the hassle of doing it myself. If big brother wants to watch I'll give them a good show.

• heathen
    heathen

Anarchy is everywhere so why should we be different.lol

• maxwell
    maxwell

I may be wrong, but presently my opinion is that we on this site are of little importance to the WT Society and much less to any government or its intelligence agencies. The Internet has allowed information to flow freely, but it's still only accessed by less than 50% of the population even in the US. The Internet gives you a small window on the world but not a complete picture. Still its a good idea to be careful with your personal information for the possibilities mentioned and for the possibility of criminal activity.

• minimus
    minimus

SS, do you think that I am up to no good? Asking questions is a good way to contribute to a discussion board...imo.....Don't you be a sucker...fyi.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Saint Satan,

: This monitoring helps them to stay on top of societal developements, which in turn enables corporte bodies to stay competitive and profitable, govts to keep control, spotting anything they consider threatening to their interests.

Yeah, the intelligence community gives a rat about a bunch of disenfranchised ex-dub-Cultists who get together to chat and argue and mostly talk about sex and fluff.

This is VALUABLE information. Be careful. They'll secretely tap your toilet flushes next and use high-tech stuff to figure out what is in each flush. Guess what they will find? The same thing as your argument: shit.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 18 November 2002 1:19:22

• outcast
    outcast

Cheese Whiz..

Why would mini mus think this was directed to him?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel gets the best answer award for today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit