funny field service moments anyone...

by hannibal 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

I never had any really funny field service moments but I did hear of one from a friend. She was at the door with a sister who was older and a bit eccentric. This sister was giving her presentation when all of the sudden she let out a very LOUD fart. She didn't excuse herself and kept talking. Poor thing !!!! She was probably too embarassed. lol

jurs

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

Well Hannibal,

i dont know if this is what you might think of as funny, but my dad used to tell people he was shaking the dust off his feet as Jesus directed if they didnt what to listen to his message.

You get your email fixed yet? You get any more flack from the relatives lately?

• kelpie
    kelpie

I remember I was about 16 and I had this crush on one of the brothers. He was going around the opposite side of the block and he said something to me (cant remember what now) and I was replying to him while walking away and not watching where I was going..

The next thing I knew I was on my ass on the ground. I had hit the telegraph pole because I wasnt watching were I was walking..

God was I sooooooooo embarressed!!! He saw the whole thing!!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Does anyone remember the special Kingdom News Tract work of the 1970s? Well I was in this car group working rural territory with the Watch Tower's life saving message. We drove up to this house in the woods and the householder was out in the front yard taking a shower. Of course he was naked as a jay bird. Fortunately it wasn't my turn to present the Tract. So Terry, whose turn it was, got out and presented the tract to the guy, who was of course all soaped up and dripping wet. Terry said that the Tract had a special message and that he would leave it for the man to read. Then as Terry turned to leave he said: "By the way we're Witnesses." The man replied: "You sure are."

When we got back to the KH after service we related the experience to one of the older sisters. She got real excited and said: "Oh, I wish I had been there."

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

This story was related to me by an elder's wife. (so of course it's got to be true lol)

An older elder and ministerial servant were pulling up to the next house. Their wives were in the back seat. The two brothers got out and started heading to the house. Meanwhile, the wives are watching a man standing in his bathrobe on the front lawn. They noticed the bathrobe was open, he was nakid and the man was "pleasuring" himself in plain view with his right hand. Then they see their husbands stepping accross the lawn to greet the man...the man puts up his right hand and gives them both a firm handshake. Needless to say, the wives in the car were pretty grossed out. lol When the elder & his companion got back into the car and were told the news....the elder drove (with his arms not hands) as quick as he could to the nearest McDonald's to wash with soap and hot water.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I was on a return visit once with a friend of mine and the call was talking about a story in the bible where some people had been destroyed by god for commiting 'four-carnation'. I looked across to my friend who had his head down biting his lip and fighting back the tears of laughter. He then looked over to me and it was all I could do to stop myself from joining him. The guy went on to talk about four-carnation several times after that. We got back to my car and spent the next 10 minutes in hysterics.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well folks you have to admit we did get some laughs out of this experience..

I had a real good laugh at some of our experiences here. (((hugs to all)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit