• hannibal
    hannibal

Out in feild service many years ago a freind of mine was at the

door with a middle aged mentally challanged guy from the hall,

it was his turn to give a presentation and being challenged he

had a minor studdering problem ...anyway a older lady came to

the door and he started by interducing himself and my friend by

saying ' Hi, my name is dawayne and this is my long time best friend

for the past 10 years.....( turns and looks at him after an aqward pause)

By the way whats your name again?

I always remembered that story. Anyone else have funny moments or storys?

• neyank
    neyank

Going door to door in an apartment complex and coming across a person I grew up with.

This person knew me long before I became a JW.
    And also knew of the stuff I did as a 'worldly person'.

It was hard keeping a straight face while trying to place mags.

neyank

• mouthy
    mouthy

Going to the door where a man exposed himself to me. I took one look & said "I have one the same at home-but I have a message that will give more JOY!!!!!" Yeah right!!!!! Thank God he didnt want it.....Nor did I !!!either of them!!!!the message & the exposure....But the person I was with was FLOORED!!!!!!

I have many good memories of those funny occasions.... But then I was one of the weirdos that loved going door to door. DAH!!!! after all look at all the sins I was covering ( James 5:20)

I was able to help many in need though,Which is why I wish I could go door to door again.like the old lady that couldnt light her oil stove & was very cold. like the young unmarried Mum who had no groceries,,,Like the woman that was about ti kill herself.... Hey it wasnt all bad,Just the "wallop" I swallowed was wrong!!I still think HE USED ME!!!!! But he also delivered me.....Thank GOD again

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mouthy, that reminded me of a time I went to the door and a guy must have been in the shower, because he came to the door buck naked, dripping from head to toe. He was expecting someone else because both of us were embarrassed. He closed the door immediately and I left. Never would go to that door again.

My son told us about a house he and another brother went to, where the front door was next to an open bedroom window. The people inside were having noisy sex. He was about 16 or 17. Old enough to know what he heard, and not be horrified.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

As I'm a good sized fella and clean up pretty well I was always amused when folks would make mad dashes to the bathroom. In the south screen doors are abundant... the smoke was evident as we approched the house. I have actually had people "surrender" to me on occasion-thinking I was plain Clothed law enforcement officer. Had several folks get a little freaked when thet thougth I was a process server too.

But the funniest thing I ever saw was a 3 year old kid wizzing in the front room floor as his mother watched with no response at all.

• not interested
    not interested

Hannible,

since we went to the same congo. I realy enjoyed that memorie, The brother you mentioned was in the book study at my parents house, one evening after the book study he was complaining about it being too warm in the house, later on that night actualy at about 1 in the morning he calls and chews out my father for it beeing too warm and how uncomfortable it made him.

now this brother was known for walking around not just the neighborhood, but was seen walking around bloomington about 20 miles ayay from where he lived, in december with temps in the low teens wearing shorts and t-shirts, and copmplaining about how hot it was

oh and rember Hannibl, when we were at that night club at the mall of america, and he was doing blowjob shots watching a bikini contest

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I think BEFORE I started posting here Venice might have typed this story about what happened to me at one of the last doors I ever went to. Although it was quite embarrassing........ it is NOT why I left the organization.

I was by myself at a door. The home had a Woodpecker as a door-knocker. You pulled this string downward which caused the beak of the woodpecker to strike a piece of wood which would make a knocking~peck sound. (Why didn't I just knock???) So, I start yanking on this string and the woodpecker starts doin' his thing and I'll be damned if his beak and head didn't break off!!!!!! Right about the time I'm bending down to pick up poor Mr.Woodpeckers pieces off of the ground, the householder opens the door. I was so startled and upset that I had broke this man's door~knocker; I look up at him with woodpecker's head in hand and say, "Your pecker fell off"!!!
    OMG!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe how embarrassed I was, he of course died laughing and said,"I hate it when that happens".
    Thank God he had a sense of humor about the whole thing but I COULD NOT (after that) go on with my presentation and asked if I might come back at a different time. LOL What a f---ing moron; to this day I cannot believe that I said something soo stupid.

I hope that you all enjoy and find the humor in this. Everyone in the car group did.

• Mulan
    Mulan

SLOAN, I don't think Ven ever posted that. It is so funny that Dave is calling to me from the other room about what is so funny. Have to go tell him now.

• shera
    shera

LOL!!

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I remember going to a door once with a pioneer sister. The woman who answered the door was VERY pregnant. When the sister who was handling the call identified us as witnesses, the woman burst in, calling attention to her tummy saying "Well I've been pregnant for Jesus for 5 years!" What can you say to something like that really? LOL

Then there was the time I was at the door with my mom and the woman decided to take a magazine subscription. My mom took the woman's name down, and it indeed a took supreme effort for her not to laugh, when come to find out the womans name was June McGoon. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit