Agony

by Xandria 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

Blister, throbbing, heat, searing pain, tears. Have u ever burned yourself ?

I burnt my index finger on the pad of it... it was really stupid how I did it. But that is how accident happen you don't think. Sorry if my typing is off.. it is on my right hand and I am right handed. U can imagine the choice words flowing outta my mouth... I was mostly p'od at myself.
    This dinner better be the best ever.. for all the pain and suffering I went through. X.eyes hubby, thinking no picky eating B.S tonight if u want to live. Kidding. Next time .. I will order a freaking pizza.

Ran it under cool water, ( no ice ) and thank goodness I had some real cool water to place my finger in so the swelling would go down.

If this hurts this bad I can only imagine a body or arm...

X

• Matty
    Matty

OOOH! Nasty! We all know what that's like! We will know when you've gotten better when you stop posting like happy man!

(((Xandria)))

• Solace
    Solace

Xandria,

I like Gold Bond Medicated Lotion. Its in a gold tube and has a cooling effect, similar to Noxema. After a couple applications, the burning sensation usually goes away. Unless the blisters are open, this is the best thing I've tried especially with the kids

It also works great for sunburn.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Nothing hurts like a burn. I am sooo sorry you are hurting.

My daughter was cooking ramon noodles in the microwave a few weeks ago and got it too hot, the juice spilled down the front of her chest. It was a second degree burn and it hurt , but she is really damn tough, she went on for the most part like it didnt hurt that bad. She had a couple of places that had blistered up , and the rest was a long red area on her belly. I called the emergency room to see if I had done the right thing, I made her lay in cool water to stop the burn and heat. THen I got an ice bag and a wet towel and placed it on her tummy while she rested on the couch. I gave her ibupropen and a benadryl to help her relax, then when I was sure the burn was cool , I applied triple antibodic onitment to it. The ER said make sure it doesnt get infected. She has barely a scar now, and I am sure it will completly fade in time.

I like aspirin myself for a burn, but you can't give it to kids.

Hope you will be ok,,,,,,,,,,,,, hugs,,,,,,,,,dede

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i've found that Watkins salve works really great. i burned the pads of three of my fingers once while cooking (grabbed a hot pizza stone with an oven mitt on and it burned me through the oven mitt). i had blisters within a few mins. i put the salve on, without popping the blisters, put bandaids on them and chilled out. in the morning, my fingers didn't hurt a bit.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Let's stop dealing with the symptoms and get to the root of this problem: SPIRITUALITY. The SOLUTION to this problem is obviously THE KINGDOM. In the NEW SYSTEM the inhabitants will have perfect minds and will not suffer the daily aches and pains of life in Satan's old system.....

Sorry to hear 'bout the burn Xandria. Thanks to the internet, thousands can feel your pain!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL @ Gopher,,,,,,,,,,

• Mary
    Mary

If your right hand offends you, chop it off.............

(just kidding......vitamin E, aloe vera are both excellent for burns. If you have Aloe Vera gel, keep it in the frig and then use it. Feels really good on a burn).

• gumby
    gumby

xandria,

It was God's will you got burned. You must have done something real bad! What was it? This was a wakeup call for you to re-look at your life apart from God.

Now straighten your little ass up girl!

Sorry for your burn. Ice is good. The fun part is when the skin starts falling off, but fingers heal quick.......take care.

• Been there
    Been there

OOOOuuuuuuuuuuccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Xandria, I feel your pain. Two times getting burned really stick out in my mind. Very dumb, both times. The one time I was camping and was first up, so I got the fire going real nice and was tidying up the pit abit making coffee for everyone. One rock just was'nt sitting right so dummy here just bent down and picked it up to move it. PAIN, PAIN, PAIN.

The next time was even dumber. I had made some hard boiled eggs. Took one out of the fridge and stuck it in the micro wave to take the chill off, just about 20 seconds. Peeled it and bite into what felt like a bomb going off on my face. It exploded and all the steam came out on my upper lip and nose. It took a second for my brain to figure out what had happened. My whole upper lip was one big blister. Lesson.............NEVER micro wave a whole egg. Do you feel a little less dumb now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit