2002 annual report

by izobcenec 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Number baptized: 265,469 (last year: 263,431)

THIS number IS significant: a little over 2,000 new bodies recruited. That's only 5.4 bodies per day in a year. (Take away the poor dub kiddies who were coerced into dunking and the number is going to be even pathetically lower). A little over a hundred thousand trees destroyed to get those 2,000 bodies. A little over several million dollars lost in time, gas, suit-cleaning bills, wear-and tear on vehicles, job loss, loss of quality family time, not to mention the MILLIONS of dollars local dubs paid to the WTS to buy the crap from the WTS that they can't sell and nobody really wants, and whatever else was lost to get just 2,000 people into the WT pyramid scheme.

Pathetic. It's a joke, really.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 16 November 2002 22:31:37

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Will this ever end????? When will it finally be 0 newly baptized? Within my lifetime? I only wish.

I'm so sick of being an ex-jw. They are so pathetic. They don't even deserve to be in my memory!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A 3% increase in the USA??????? After all the corruption and lies being brought out into the open?????

Us foreigners thought the Yanks (sorry, Americans ) had more sense!

Cheers, Ozzie

• dmouse
    dmouse

There's a sucker born every minute, which means a never ending supply of suckers for the WBTS to recruit every year.

The figures mean nothing in reality, if you are looking for the demise of the Borg. As Farkel and many others have pointed out before, the JW religion fills a psychological need for a substantial number of people; it will never disappear, only mutate.

Yet even so I, and many others, will continue to find them fascinating.

• Salud
    Salud

At least in the last several years here in the USA the increase has come as a result of the Spanish congregations. Just about everywhere there are new Spanish congregations forming. It is also the largest single language group of Witnesses in the world. If it wasn't for this language group the USA would have shown a decrease in total publishers.

Also something to consider was the effects of 9/11. Many churches, not only JW's, showed record attendance levels at their places of worship. Since the Society runs their service year Sept. to August this stands to reason also for the increase. I believe a more accurate figure will be revealed next year when all this shakes out, hopefully we will not have more events like 9/11 to bolster meeting attendance figures.

My thoughts.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

The Society doctors the figures. For example, compare the "0%" that they put for Canada last year. The figure should actually, according to their own formula, have been "-1%"

If you take the old divided by the new, and round to the nearest whole number, then Canada was negative 1% last year. However, they favor the upside.

For instance, if the new divided by the old came out to +.51%, then Watchtower would round that number to +1%. But no matter what the downside, they will put zero for Canada.

Ah, but here's the kicker, last year Canada came out to -1.005% and should have been rounded to -1%. BUT THEY FUDGED. They put a big 'ol ZERO. Suggesting it was flat. But if you do the numbers and compare to other countries, you will see the fudge. Lot's of fudge. While the Watchtower is willing to round UP a growth number like Croatia's .99%, ...when it's a decline, it suddenly disappears.

2000 pubs / 2001 pubs = ?

Compare Croatia Canada

2000 ave pubs 5283 107742

2001 ave pubs 5349 107281

Division 0.98766% 1.00489

Rounded to 1% 0% ????

• whatiloveaboutwater
    whatiloveaboutwater

107 742 divided by 107 281 does not equal 1.00489.

Try again.

• troucul
    troucul

Good point, I wonder if it would have anything to do with the fact that if they show some sort of increase in a country with extreme types of financial, social, governmental problems (Croatia-there was a little war there a little while ago) it would prove to be some sort of 'encouragement'. But if they were to show a decrease in Canada (last I knew, everyone was pretty ok there), it would spark some thought as to various issues that are present in the congregations. All the good little dubs elsewhere would say "tsk tsk". They wouldn't want to provide any sort of 'discouragement' in that aspect, would they?

• battman
    battman

Growth Rate Analysis,

As a businessman I am familiar how stock analysts
    track growth rates for fast growing retail companies
    and the % increase of "same store sales" is quite
    important. You can only throw up so many locations
    before you saturate the market and then start pirating
    sales form other existing stores.

Therefore calculating the number of newly baptised
    ones in relation to number of publishers generates
    an interesting number.

1995 for every 100 pubs there were 7.0 baptised
    1996 for every 100 pubs there were 7.0 bapt.
    1997 for every 100 pubs there were 6.9 bapt.
    1998 for every 100 pubs there were 5.8 bapt.
    1999 for every 100 pubs there were 5.7 bapt.
    2000 for every 100 pubs there were 5.0 bapt.
    2001 for every 100 pubs there were 4.4 bapt.
    2002 for every 100 pubs there were 4.0 bapt.

This is pretty obvious from the very good graph
    that was posted above. The WT "ratio of pub
    effectiveness" has nearly droped in half from
    1998. Wonder if popularity of internet and
    private investigation plus JW rumor mill was a
    factor starting in 1998!!! hehe

Therefore as "older ones" die off, younger ones
    become inactive the
    "pub effectiveness ratio" should continue downward.

battman

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Wow Battman, very interesting spin on the numbers. Certainly looks different then the basic 7.9% increase in studies for the year doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit