• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Silentlambs has provided the folowing numbers:

Increase of average publishers:
    USA 3% (last year 1%)

France 2% ( last year -2%)

Russia 6% ( last year was 4 %)

Japan 0%

Increase in Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Italy Worldwide increase: 2.8% (1.7% last year)

Memorial partakers: 8,760 (up 30 from last year)

Number baptized: 265,469 (last year: 263,431)

Bible studies worldwide are up 7.9%

http://www.jehovahsxwitnesses.tk

Edited by - izobcenec on 16 November 2002 16:46:14

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Just a numbers game.Means nothing.If you do a statistical study the figures don't add up Blueblades

• nancee park
    nancee park

It looks like they have now implemented "Theocratic Warfare" lying about the statistics. Does anyone really think they've increased 3% in membership in the U.S. in the face of the pedophile sex scandal and the United Nations liason scandal. Name the elder who will really believe this, although all must claim they do.

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
  • Simon
    Simon

"Average publishers" means nothing - the 15 minute rule and the strong arm / pressure tactics to make people report their time (direvtly to group study conductors) explain this 'increase'. More meaningful would be the number of hours actually reported and I'm guessing that these will show most people are doing a lot less.

Also "Number baptized: 265,469 (last year: 263,431)" = STAGNATION !!

This is effectively zero growth (when you look at it statistically) and given the events of Sep 11 and the normal/past increase in 3rd world countries it must be a massive dissapointment to them.

This is a decrease, doctored to put a positive spin on it. There is no way that they are getting real increases after years of decline in baptisms etc...

• dsgal
    dsgal

Isn't it interesting how the number of memorial partakers keeps increasing also?At this rate they'll never all die off !

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Comparing the number of publishers in one year with the number of baptized publishers since that year and using those numbers to extrapolate the number of publishers that have left is faulty because it does not take into account the deaths which occurred during those same years.

IW

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

IslandWoman,

Are you suggesting that 2 million JWs have died since 1987? Were none born into the religion? Were none converted to it? If you're looking for perfection in a mere estimate, where the language isn't precise but is expressed in terms of "about," you're looking in the wrong place.

Frank

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Sorry Frank,

I just remember Ray Franz in one of his books discussing that the Society figured a certain percentage of deaths would occur every year. That stuck in my head because it was something I would not have thought of myself.

Just thought that should be considered that's all.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit