astral projection

by vanilla sky 24 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

I know I do some astral travel at night. I have had some interesting experiences. But I do have a problem beleiving astrology. The reason being that everyone born on the same date has the same horoscope. That makes no sense to me. As I said in an earlier thread, my husband has the same birthday as the mass murderer Charles Manson. So they have the same horoscope? I don't think so.

My brother-in-law is a short, dumb man who compensates for feeling less of a man by abusing my sister and their daughters. He has the same sign as me. My father-in-law who is the biggest asshole I have ever known, alcolholic, fondles little girls and big ones and exposes himself whenever he can, has the same sign as me.I strive very hard to be a good and honest person and to be there for my loved ones whenever they need me. I do not believe I am in the same class as those two men, and yet we have the same birthdays and supossedly the same type of personalities. No, I can not buy into astrology. I cannot see the logic in it either.

Target

Edited by - target on 17 November 2002 9:0:10

• Realist
    Realist

Robyn,

as far as science can tell it is impossible that stars have any influence on humans.

also there are no statistics proving astrology.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robyn,

as far as science can tell it is impossible that stars have any influence on humans. also there are no statistics proving astrology.

Realist,

Did I say differently? I agree, but I still don't dismiss it.

Robyn

• Realist
    Realist

Robyn,

no you didn't state differently!

• rem
    rem

I don't find it strange that skeptics happen to know their Astrological signs. It's just a part of our culture. How can you NOT know? I think that's just a silly argument.

In addition, it is useful for skeptics to know their Astrological signs because then you can verify the accuracy or generality of your sign.

Here is a test you can take to see if your star sign is accurate. It seems that mine is not. :)

http://www.cryptoclast.org/Opinion/astrology/reverse_astrology.htm

This stuff has been debunked centuries ago and it still lives on because we will always have irrational, credulous people in our midst.

One thing Astrology IS good for, though, is for guys to get laid. ;)

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit